• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to SAVE a falling Luma?!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I would also like to know. Seems weird that a luma can spawn, get tilted offstage immediately, go prone, and die.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
As far as I know, you cannot save a Luma that is falling. However, it is possible for CPUs to achieve this. HOW IS THIS DONE?
They save the bouncing falling lumas. if you shoot luma off stage or he follows you off and isn't over a platform He will bounce a few times and then begin to free fall on his own but during that time he can still respond to commands meaning you can still save him. If he is hit off the edge though he is gone.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
If Luma is hit by an attack, he will be stuck in an infinite hitstun until he lands somewhere. So if he is hit off the stage, he is done.

You can still recover Luma if he is falling to his doom without being in the hitstun. Like if Luma spawns in midair and you were being attacked without Luma by your side, or if you shoot him out with Luma shot during his bouncing or when he is out of bounces.

The computers are really bad with her so it's very likely to be the case.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If Luma is hit by an attack, he will be stuck in an infinite hitstun until he lands somewhere. So if he is hit off the stage, he is done.
Yeah this is pretty much correct. If Luma is knocked away hard enough, he'll fall in a tumble animation and cannot be controlled until he lands on the ground.

I was going to post but everyone already has it nicely said B)

Luma does not respond while in hitstun, and hitstun for Luma lasts indefinitely, only ending until it comes into contact with a surface. Luma who are drifting down while bouncing will still respond and can still be called back with B

The7DSins

Smash Rookie
If only friendly fire allowed you to hit luma. Then you could just bair her back onstage :p

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
If only friendly fire allowed you to hit luma. Then you could just bair her back onstage :p
I guess if you were dedicated to keeping your teammate's Luma alive in 2v2 this would be possible. It wouldn't even need to be hit back to the stage, certain moves that have low enough knockback will actually knock Luma out of the tumble animation. It's actually the only way I've been able to save Luma from falling, by baiting my opponent to come out with an aerial or using a weak projectile to hit Luma. It's incredibly rare but eh, it's a thing.

Top Bottom