• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish rolls with ZSS

Mith_

Smash Champion
My friend plays Lucario and as you know he has very good rolls. All he does is roll to the other side of the level and charge Aura Sphere. If I get too close he just spams DSmash and it has a long lingering hitbox that's hard to dodge. Its annoying as ****, and I can't seem to get around it or get a hit off at all really.

Any tips?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Grabbing has always seemed scary effective against rolls for me, surprisingly. If you can predict the roll, you can sometimes get an easy grab off. Otherwise, you can try to get good with tilts for roll punishment, or firing uncharged paralyzer shots.

smaci92

Smash Lord
hmmm...that's odd that you can't spotdodge it...My brother plays lucario also, I can spotdodge almost every one of them...:confused: but ya, you have various options:
paralyzer, jumping or standing side b, grabbing (as phootbag stated). and if he rolls around close to you, predict where he's gonna roll...and give him a dsmash! :bee:

anyways, next time you post a topic like this, bring it to the question and answer thread on the zss boards. don't get me wrong, I'm not being mean (I'm not that kind of person)...just some advice if you want to avoid future flaming...:)

good luck with zss ;)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Oh I didn't know they had a Q&A thread lol. I've got lots of question so I'll go there from now on.

Thanks for your help I'll try what you all said.

Mith_

Smash Champion
omg
i'd kill myself if i was forced to fight him.
yes he plays a lot like that. all dodging and aura spheres hardly any fighting.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ZSS has a terrible matchup with Lucario anyways, I wouldn't bother trying to learn it unless you were a masochist.

Mith_

Smash Champion
what is a masochist
i see that word a lot here but dunno what it means =[

im not sure if i really like Zamus.
I was looking for a fast character that could combo and Shiek does that pretty well.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
what is a masochist
i see that word a lot here but dunno what it means =[

im not sure if i really like Zamus.
I was looking for a fast character that could combo and Shiek does that pretty well.
Somebody who enjoys pain.

Top Bottom