• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to punish pikachus thunder with zero suit

saturday night smash

Smash Cadet
a main problem I have with zero suit is when I come up against pikachu his down b gets me and when I use my down b to try and flip over the thunder he jumps thus catching me what are some ways to get around that move and punish it

David Viran

Smash Lord
Umm down b should be able to go through his down b because of the invincibility frames even if he jumps. You can't really punish it but you don't need to because it's mostly used for edge guarding unless your talking about on stage in which case you shouldn't really be down bing that much over him anyway.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Try to use it directly in front of it because the invincibility frames are on start up. Try to just react to it.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Invincibility is no longer on start up have you never has that happen to you where you try to use it -> get hit -> try again and then you just die or side b?

Pretty sure it's after frame 1.

David Viran

Smash Lord
yeah sorry I didn't mean on frame 1 it's probably like frame 2 or something low like that. You can still use the invincibility frames to get through it.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
I'm a noob but maybe if he uses it a lot, when he misses you could land a dsmash and then do a grab down throw combo. Idk maybe that could work.

Top Bottom