• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to properly utilize Corrin's bair

ViceC

Smash Rookie
Hello, I've been playing Corrin for a while and I feel like I've been getting pretty good with her. I just feel like there is a move that I'm vastly underutilizing, back air. It feels like it would be an amazing move; it has wonderful range and power. I just feels clunky to use in the neutral, even though I know that it could be safe on shield. Ultimately, I'm just wondering about all of the applications for Corrin's bair. Right now, I mainly just use it for edgeguarding when I feel like I have a solid read on the opponent offstage. Thanks in advance!

DMan64

Smash Cadet
Bair out of all of Corrin's aerials is the most effective for spacing, true, but what you get from it isn't as great as what you could get off of Corrin's other aerials. I think that there are definitely ways to utilize it effectively, such as a follow up to DFS stun at higher percents and higher charge, as well as catching your opponent in the air should they drift behind you. That's about as much as I can see it be used. It could possibly be used during neutral, but there are other, better options that could be used.

ViceC

Smash Rookie
In that case, I want to ask this question. Which aerial is better against shields, nair or fair? Also, is down tilt safe on shield? It seems like a good move with good combo potential, but it feels like it lacks in range. Thanks for the response!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If you can get a stun with DFS, RAR back air is a great follow up that could end up scoring a kill. It's also somewhat of a mobility tool because of the little boost it gives you, and the range on it and its safety on shield makes it good for walling the opponent out.
In that case, I want to ask this question. Which aerial is better against shields, nair or fair? Also, is down tilt safe on shield? It seems like a good move with good combo potential, but it feels like it lacks in range. Thanks for the response!
I wouldn't recommend using either neutral or forward air on shield, unless you're rising with it in the latter's case. Down tilt is indeed safe on shield and the range on it actually isn't that bad at all for a move of its speed.

ViceC

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the response! In that case it sounds like you mainly want to mix up between instapin (against opponents that can't punish it of course) and grab to counter shields. It sounds like corrin should be played very grounded in the neutral and to approach. Aerials should really be used to extend combos and punish the opponent's openings that they reveal when they try to approach corrin. In that case, corrin really shouldn't be approaching, since her approach options are linear, but her anti-approach game is what shines. Would this be a correct assessment of corrin's general game plan? Thanks again for the response!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Thank you for the response! In that case it sounds like you mainly want to mix up between instapin (against opponents that can't punish it of course) and grab to counter shields. It sounds like corrin should be played very grounded in the neutral and to approach. Aerials should really be used to extend combos and punish the opponent's openings that they reveal when they try to approach corrin. In that case, corrin really shouldn't be approaching, since her approach options are linear, but her anti-approach game is what shines. Would this be a correct assessment of corrin's general game plan? Thanks again for the response!
Yeah, that sounds about right. If Corrin does approach, it's going to be with either back air or Dragon Fang Shot, but other than that, like you said, Corrin mainly likes to poke holes in defense and keep the opponent out.

Top Bottom