• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to PROPERLY use a Landmaster

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
LOL

But yeah, it seems Wolf can still "chase" an enemy who is trying to play safe.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Figure I'll chuck my $0.02 into this. Landmaster use by me, as Wolf, built a little confusion amongst the people I regularly play with. They assumed, rather silly-like, that if I hovered Wolf's Landmaster over their resurrect platform, they'd be knocked out of it early. Still invincible, but out of that platform.

While I allowed this confusion to reign (and it earned me easy kills, so why not? Heh heh), a friend who primarily uses Snake ended up getting into a battle with me on Mushroomy Kingdom. It needs to be said that I mainly use the Landmaster to lift people off-stage, rather than shoot or roll them away. It's my preferred kill method with the tank o' doom. Anyway, punchline.

On Mushroomy Kingdom, with him dropping back down from respawn immediately in an attempt to escape me, I was able to take three of his lives. With a single Landmaster. One.

I lol'd. I lol'd all over him. And then I lol'd a little more.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Landmaster also affects people on the recovery platform right? That means I can air-kill them if they're stupid enough to wait on the platform right?

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, in my experience, no, it doesn't affect those on the respawn platform. If they drop though, most characters will be killed by a straight vertical rise. I suppose Fox and Falco's Landmasters would be better, considering they last longer. No reason why you couldn't score two kills on someone on something like Final Destination with either of their Landmasters. With Wolf, though, and in my experience, a double-kill in one-on-one is significantly harder on most stages than the fluke triple-kill I got on Mushroomy Kingdom.

Top Bottom