• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to practice to get better at the game?

Lonewolf14

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2080-2648-6485
Switch FC
7006 3040 7837
as the title says, if it can help my mains are fox and the puff

(ofc i mean my basics not specifically the characters)

Last edited:

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
For Fox I would grind his tech skills till you can do them more consistently. reverse aerial rushing is a must master so for sure grind that till you have it on lock. i'd watch vgBootcamp on tuesdays they have a top fox player that you might learn from. Grinding out the specifics of a character are better to do in training and then applying it to online.

I overall just recommend getting matches in finding your style and then reviewing your matches/paying attention to your habits. Try to make sure you are doing the right thing at the right time. Recognize if I fast fell here I could have kept the combo going or at least pressured them to recover safer. Things like this usually go a long way with gameplay

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
(Copypasted from another thread)

1. Pick your characters. Choose at most 1-2 characters to have tip-top efficiency, then learn movements, combos, tech, etc. Experiment with realistic situations that you might find yourself in when playing online.

2. Get bodied online. You learn more from your losses than your wins. Find out what kept you from winning a match and train to prevent it from happening again. Ask experienced players to spar with you so that you can get advice from them. Get a LAN adapter to play with power.

3. Watch videos and read guides online. Look at pro matches of your main and emulate their play style. Browse the forums, YouTube, or social media for tech about your main.

4. Attend locals and tournaments if possible. Get comfortable with playing in a crowded environment. Watch how the pros play and learn how they make decisions. If you're lucky, ask them for a game if they're available.

5. Be consistent. Be dedicated. Be devoted. Don't lose your touch, and don't lose your cool. Play and train at a good pace and make sure everything is a learning experience. Zero in on your goal and stay determined to win at all times.

6. Shower. Get some Axe/Old Spice shampoo, body wash, and deodorant. Cover them all over your body until you smell good. Then test it out by going outside and making sure that no birds fall to their demise after smelling you.

Top Bottom