• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice ledge teching?

KingNinja

Smash Rookie
i seem to never to be able to ledge tech, even when I know a stage spike is coming. Can somebody please tell me how to practice this

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Lookup .gifs that show the input timings. Practice the inputting the buttons in the right order, not playing the game. Then play the game and just try think about it consciously whenever an opportunity arises, and eventually you'll catch one or two, then get some in a row as you get the feel for it, and bam.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i've seen people practice it in melee training mode by spawning mines, jumping off, dj-ing and throwing the mine onto the ledge, then up/sidebing into it. it lets you get the idea for the proper timing of an attack you know is happening, so you can get used to sdi-ing and teching to survive it.

the basic premise should work in pm, just need to find a stage you can stick the mine to easily.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
i've seen people practice it in melee training mode by spawning mines, jumping off, dj-ing and throwing the mine onto the ledge, then up/sidebing into it. it lets you get the idea for the proper timing of an attack you know is happening, so you can get used to sdi-ing and teching to survive it.

the basic premise should work in pm, just need to find a stage you can stick the mine to easily.
This is actually really smart. If you're using 20XX, you'd also only have to set up the mine once, since you can save and re-load the scenario and just grind the practice out. Cheers on the tip

Top Bottom