• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play Ice Climbers, without wobbling. (WIP)

Guide How to play Ice Climbers, without wobbling. (WIP)

Nametaken121

Smash Rookie
Nametaken121 submitted a new guide:

How to play Ice Climbers, without wobbling. - Why playing Ice Climbers without wobbling is challenging and fun.

Here is my WIP guide on playing Ice Climbers without wobbling.

For all those who don't know (which you probably should), Wobbling is an infinite combo in which ice climbers abuse the hit-stun mechanic of Melee. In Melee hit-stun can be refreshed on a character by constantly hitting them while they're in hit-stun, basically not allowing them to make any hard inputs. because Ice climbers are considered two entities in the games that can give hitboxes, they can constantly refresh...
Read more about this guide...

ike¥

Smash Cadet
Why would you not want to wobble. Its like not breathing you are not really living if you are not wobbling

Nametaken121

Smash Rookie
Essentially the guide is for people who want a challenge, or can wobble fine, but don't have a neutral game behind it. Wobbling is only good if the player you're playing against makes mistakes. But what if you start playing someone who spaces themselves very well? You certainly can't get a grab, you'll get punished too hard. by having a strong neutral game, you can learn other methods of forcing mistakes like learning all the desync tree's and options. There is a lot of reasons to not wobble.

ike¥

Smash Cadet
Essentially the guide is for people who want a challenge, or can wobble fine, but don't have a neutral game behind it. Wobbling is only good if the player you're playing against makes mistakes. But what if you start playing someone who spaces themselves very well? You certainly can't get a grab, you'll get punished too hard. by having a strong neutral game, you can learn other methods of forcing mistakes like learning all the desync tree's and options. There is a lot of reasons to not wobble.
Yeah i know i was only joking. Abusing wobbling gives your oppenent a reason to hate you and complain if you beat them without it they cant claim that you just using dumb tactics.

Why_wobble

Smash Rookie
Check out my thread for active conversation on ic's desycns and handoff also great guide can't wait for next

Top Bottom