• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play DK at competitive level

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
How does dk do with mario matchups? I seem to get destroyed by the constant fireball spam people throw out. Ive gotten pretty good at all the tips and combos here and even managed to get a few 0 to death combos down consistently. Yet mario manages to beat me at range with fireballs and if i attack with airials i often get caught in a Usmash which kills me too easily. Baiting it out seems to work, but its very tiring and makes the game very slow.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
DK can also down b to giant punch to kill past 25 percent. Good idea is d-air or n-air, read the tech, down b, giant punch.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Does DK have any real combo? I mean not very situational ones like uair/ platform drop or **** tent chain grab. I'm never able to get combos lasting for more than two hits (like fthrow upb, dair usmash, downb giant punch...).

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Try a simple one:
Fair/Dair -> Dtilt -> DownB -> SH giant puch.
No need of droppable platforms, can be done in a plane ground, any stage.

Top Bottom