• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to perform the Gentlemen

f14M35

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm having trouble with performing the Gentlemen consistently please help!

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
Pretty simple: first two punches you tap A consecutively like normal. Before you hit A for the third punch you wait just a tad, and it will not go into rapid fire. It's significantly easier to do when you actually hit the opponent. If you whiff, even on just the 3rd punch, there's a good chance you'll go into rapid fire punches (unless you timed it very well).

If you can't do it consistently, you can practice it on a shielding opponent in 20xx, or you can just plug in a controller and practice on a standing opponent...or go into training mode and set the CPU to stand. All you can really do to make it consistent is practice it.

f14M35

Smash Rookie
I see some Captain Falcon's do it at full speed, how does that work?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
They press A->A->A+(Z/R/L). Alternatively, you could do the initial jab, hold the control stick down, and finish the rest of the Gentleman. I've also heard you can do A->A->A+X, but I've never had much success with that.

Top Bottom