• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make friends to train with?

Built To Last

Smash Rookie
Im on for glory mode and nobody seems to accept my friend request. Its hard enough to find a decent connection with a player thats actually GOOD. Nintendo kind of sucks some times lol. I live in AZ so i cant go to any tournaments without spending serious dough. Should i just keep spamming friend request until i find someone decent? how did you guys get the majority of your friends online?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Not everyone accepts random friend requests, sadly

I however don't really care either way, and accept almost any Smash friend request I've gotten (which has been quite a few). The problem with this though is I have a list of 40-something friends that I have no clue who they are. We don't really send messages or anything.

There have been one or two that has attempted to message me on Miiverse at one point asking to Smash, but unfortunately for them I pretty much never use Miiverse to begin with. Either way, even if you did have players accept your friend request the chances of being able to Smash with them again would be severely slim depending on if they use Miiverse any, if not at all as well as you actively sending them messages. Otherwise you shouldn't give your hopes up that much with the whole friend request thing to be honest.

If you really want to find Smash players that are good and very fun to play with, you should possibly try here instead.

There is an entire Thread dedicated to finding opponents and friends (for Wii U & 3DS) here. I've used the Wii U one frequently when the mood strikes me, and I've had tons of amazing matches from other members here. Everyone was either on my skill level or higher.

I only met one person here who I lagged with as well, while everyone else had pretty great connections. It's always worth a shot.

Opponent Finding Thread for Wii U
Opponent Finding Thread for 3DS

Last edited:

Built To Last

Smash Rookie
Not everyone accepts random friend requests, sadly

I however don't really care either way, and accept almost any Smash friend request I've gotten (which has been quite a few). The problem with this though is I have a list of 40-something friends that I have no clue who they are. We don't really send messages or anything.

There have been one or two that has attempted to message me on Miiverse at one point asking to Smash, but unfortunately for them I pretty much never use Miiverse to begin with. Either way, even if you did have players accept your friend request the chances of being able to Smash with them again would be severely slim depending on if they use Miiverse any, if not at all as well as you actively sending them messages. Otherwise you shouldn't give your hopes up that much with the whole friend request thing to be honest.

If you really want to find Smash players that are good and very fun to play with, you should possibly try here instead.

There is an entire Thread dedicated to finding opponents and friends (for Wii U & 3DS) here. I've used the Wii U one frequently when the mood strikes me, and I've had tons of amazing matches from other members here. Everyone was either on my skill level or higher.

I only met one person here who I lagged with as well, while everyone else had pretty great connections. It's always worth a shot.

Opponent Finding Thread for Wii U
Opponent Finding Thread for 3DS
thanks for the help man!

76leelee76

Smash Cadet
NNID
76leelee76
3DS FC
2552-3634-1654
You can use this website's NNID sharing thread and give the person a DM with your Discord or Skype info (preferably discord because it protects your IP). If you don't have Discord, go to the website discord.gg and you'll see what it is. Joining Discord groups, talking with people about Smash 4 metagame, and finding people to play with is great. You can join the Discord server for your main at Smashcords. You can also join Anther's Ladder, a website where you can find pretty good opponents that are up for some serious matches.

Top Bottom