• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to ledgehop waddle dee toss?

samdaballer

Smash Ace
hey guys, yesterday a saw a d3 match (forgot who it was) and they would ledgehop side b effectively. and they would just let go of the edge, side b, and then regrab the ledge. I cant pull this off, can anyone help me out? thanks

EdSam

Smash Cadet
link to the vid? i know you said you forgot who it was, but could u find it?

whut?

Smash Journeyman
are you talking about pressing down, jump-side b, and jump again to grab the edge?
the range catches everyone off guard when they dont expect it, i totally suggest using this.
just watch out for the vulnerability you have jumping back to the edge..penguins are easy to spike.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
are you talking about pressing down, jump-side b, and jump again to grab the edge?
the range catches everyone off guard when they dont expect it, i totally suggest using this.
just watch out for the vulnerability you have jumping back to the edge..penguins are easy to spike.
ya thats it!! thanks alot man i just had no idea how to execute this, thanks

shonuf

Smash Cadet
i just press away from the ledge, jump side b, and i usually have to jump again to make it back on the ledge

you stick kind of makes a clockwise (or counter-clockwise) movement

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Yes that's how ya do it. I need to use this more. I always forget I can do it during matches when it would be helpful.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys manually B-stick your WDee's when coming up from the ledge? I tried it last night and I found it really helpful for spacing and getting out of range of your opponents attacks near the edge

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys manually B-stick your WDee's when coming up from the ledge? I tried it last night and I found it really helpful for spacing and getting out of range of your opponents attacks near the edge

i use the default control scheme, i cant see any uses for bsticking with dedede.
the vulnerability isnt that bad, if youre comfortable in the air you can return to the stage with Fairs and Uairs, ledgehopped waddles are 100% safe.
ive never been attacked in the process
the opponent is either getting hit by the waddle,
or shielding it. they dont have time to own you
( :

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
i use the default control scheme, i cant see any uses for bsticking with dedede.
the vulnerability isnt that bad, if youre comfortable in the air you can return to the stage with Fairs and Uairs, ledgehopped waddles are 100% safe.
ive never been attacked in the process
the opponent is either getting hit by the waddle,
or shielding it. they dont have time to own you
( :
yeah, it works well, even against toon link and other projectile spammers, the waddles normally overpower most of the projectiles, and they definately stop them

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
IMO bumping an old thread is better than making another one, although this is kinda old.

Is there a way to do it so that you don't have to jump to make it back to the ledge, or am I being misled by your choice of words? Rather be safe than sorry.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
practice the motion and you will eventually work it into your game

just takes practice to learn it...

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
So you can jump from the ledge, jump, throw a waddle, then land safely on the ledge? Where can I find a video of it, it might be a bit easier after I've seen it. I feel kinda silly for not seeing this possible sooner.

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I have been doing this move sometimes. More often I tend to throw my waddles as I'm about to recover, but just to the point where I miss the ledge, and then jump up to grab it. I tend to not actually grab the ledge. It is really safe to do though, as "whut?" stated.

Pwnguin2015

Smash Rookie
Well, if you want to get back up from the ledge in a very safe manner, you can press the opposite direction of the ledge, immediately jump, throw a Waddle Dee, and keep holding over and you'll end up back on the stage and they will be wondering how you got up there so quickly

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Well, if you want to get back up from the ledge in a very safe manner, you can press the opposite direction of the ledge, immediately jump, throw a Waddle Dee, and keep holding over and you'll end up back on the stage and they will be wondering how you got up there so quickly
My apologies, but I don't see how holding away from the ledge will help you magically get on top of it. I assume you mean you tap away from the stage, jump and toss at the same time, then DI towards the stage? I didn't think that'd work, but I'll give it a shot.

Top Bottom