• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to learn the (probably) easiest desynch.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
First off- What is the easiest desync discovered?:confused:

As Choknator said, they easiest way to do a desync is to press Z and to direction you want Popo to go to at the exact same time. It makes Nana grab, and Popo roll. Easy enough, right? After that though, it may seem hard to keep them desynced long enough to do those short-hopped blizzards.

A great way to show the desync is in this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3GM3odhBdro

The desync is right in the beginning, and it's a very effective defensive measure, approach, set-up to grab, etc. (SH-blizzards FTW). Watch the rest of the video also, this guy is a great IC player.

-But how do I learn it???

Just go to training mode, and adjust the time!

First get the timing down in 1/4 time, then 1/2, 2/3, and finally 1! This probably an indepsensible desync as it's the easiest, so don't waste anytime not learning it! The hard part of the desync is knowing when to make Popo start SH,, so if you get that down consistently, it's combo/grab set-up time! I'm still learning how to do it, and I'm currently doing it at 2/3 time.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
the timing isn't a direction on the control stick and z at the exact same time; you have to tap the stick slightly before grabbing with z (close to jc grab timing in melee).

obviously it can't be the other way around... otherwise you'll do a standing pivot grab.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i think the easiest desync is the pivot smash desynce.

first you

smash control stick left/right
fsmash attack the opposite way you have chosen earlier

Nana does a dash attack while popo does a fsmash then you insert nana's moves while being covered by a fsmash.

its alot easier then doing the roll desync in my opinion and almost as effective

D@n518

Smash Rookie
Interesting

are there any other ways to desync them i read in another forum that if u tap z twice this forces them to desync????:confused:

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
are there any other ways to desync them i read in another forum that if u tap z twice this forces them to desync????:confused:
Please don't rely on IGN and 4chan in these matters...
Check the official de-synch and AI thread there are lots of ways to de-synch listed there.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Pivot -> Ice Block is the easiest desynch. Sure, you have to practice pivoting first, but it's the fastest and easiest to pull off in a match. The z-roll leaves Nana in front of you, completely vulnerable. Pivoting instantly desynchs you, and allows you to immediately start chaining desynched Blizzards.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i believe kyu puff is correct. z-roll and pivot smash desyncs leave nana vulnerable in front of popo (since nana dash attacks forward during the pivot smash).

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
i think the easiest desync is the pivot smash desynce.

first you

smash control stick left/right
fsmash attack the opposite way you have chosen earlier

Nana does a dash attack while popo does a fsmash then you insert nana's moves while being covered by a fsmash.

its alot easier then doing the roll desync in my opinion and almost as effective

Here you go SuperSmasher. It is easier.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
i believe kyu puff is correct. z-roll and pivot smash desyncs leave nana vulnerable in front of popo (since nana dash attacks forward during the pivot smash).
yeah these are dangerous if the other player isn't fairly far away. Also, NEVER do them in 4player FFA, or good bye nana.

Also, good video and explanation. :)
I am just beginning to main IC, and the video helped me learn some tactics.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
if you decide to stick with the Z + roll desynch, you don't have to do ice blocks before you start chaining blizzards. You can immediately do a blizzard with Popo when he rolls back which gives Nana a slight bit of protection, and then you can follow up with more blizzards when Nana recovers.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
ive been using the z+right/left for a couple weeks now. It is the easiest way to desynch. Plus if your facing away from opponent you can get a free grab with nana.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll stick with z-syncing ( that sounds cool!), as thats the one I have gotten 4/10 of the time. The pivot desync seems less intuitive to me. I guess it's just instinct, or something of the sort.

Top Bottom