• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Land Lag-Less with your Aerials as Megaman (Dair, LeafShield, Fair,Bair)

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps this thread has already been made in text or even video form. I can't seem to find it. If you do feel free to link it. I'm making another one in case there isn't. So onto how to land lag less with aerials. I think knowing the timing and execution of landing lagless with aerials can help bait punishes from your opp, or can even surprise them into giving you a lead.

I really like landing lagless with dair: how to do it?

DAIR: short hop forward or backward, then immediately full hop in the direction you want to, then do a down air, and make sure your float from the dair keeps you at a weave motion, then you'll be able to land lagless. You can get the timing right with enough practice and you can get it down consistently. Application of this dair is that you can bait your opp by going for a laggy dair in the neutral, then do a lagless dair again and your opp will approach and you can buffer an upsmash, fsmash, uptilt, grab, as they come at you. Also, doing a lagless dair on a shielding opponent does give good pressure. And Dair is a really good mixup in the neutral if you land lagless with it

FAIR: full hop and at the apex of full hop, do a fair, and you'll be able to land lagless. it sucks how you have to be that high up in the air for this to work. it does have its uses tho. edit: read below in the comments for better timing on this

BAIR: same application to fair.edit: read below in the comments for better timing on this

LEAF SHIELD: the timing is very similar to the dair. its pretty cool landing lagless with leaf shield. you can immediately grab as you land during this time. idk the properties but you can get the grab pretty easy doing this.

I haven't labbed upair, side b enough to give an analysis on the timing x_x. hope this helps you guys

Last edited:

AerialNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
aznninja96
3DS FC
2036-8306-5753
For up air do it immediately as you jump. It's really easy to accidentally do a jump cancel up smash, but it's possible. Full hop up air will result in no landing lag.

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Full hop, immediate fair, landing uair is a nice usage of full hop fair while uair covers your retreat. Works against people likely to follow up with aerials like peach or yoshi.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
Full hop, immediate fair, landing uair is a nice usage of full hop fair while uair covers your retreat. Works against people likely to follow up with aerials like peach or yoshi.
dannng, that's a really neat move string. i can do the fair but i feel like there's a tiny window for up air to come out. ima lab this cuz this i can see some applications for this

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
It definitely has useful applications. Great for covering your landing whenever someone tries to punish you fair from in front or above.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Also useful against tall characters, because the fullhopped fair can barely tag the top of their head while they are grounded.

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
That's really useful Megamang.

I just thought of something I never bothered to check: can rising fullhop lemon be combined with any lagless aerial?

Last edited:

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
you can also add SH nair to cover an other retreat option

Megamang

Smash Lord
You can bet if im not doing anything else, a lemon, a uair, or a leaf shield is coming out :p

Top Bottom