• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to land "good" with Pit?

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys,

I got a real problem. The most time when I got smashed up into the air I cannot manage it to land safe on the ground and the damage goes up until I have luck or get one of the edges. Are there some basic tips out there?

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
DI to the ledge if possible. If not wiggle out of the fall animation and glide to a safer position.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Thats why you don't play melees.

1v1 and skill ftw.
the hell you talking about 1 on 1 is for tekken and for virtua fighter. Pit does very well in FFA.

Try just faking out your opponent or try fast falling off to the side and gliding in. The glide attack comes out quickly and has a nice hit box to protect you on approach, just don't miss or wait to long to do it. With glide attack, even if they block it with perfect shield they will never grab you because more often then not you will fly right by them. Not only this you have absolutely no lag when performing this attack just before landing so you can attack immediately upon reaching the ground. And on top of this, Pit still has a nice sweet spot for grabbing the edge.

You are pit, like MK, you have the option to both control the air and pick your landing. Just remember gliding is any character with wing's best friend. Learn it, use it, own with it.

yule4

Smash Rookie
When tumbling in air, i DI to sides of the stage, and either glide in( until i start gettin abused for it) or I'll spam arrows knockin them back and best of all frustrating your oppenent and getting them out of their rhythm.. usually causing them losing patience and making mistakes.. play mind games, and utilize what seems to be your vulnerable moments..

Top Bottom