• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to improve my jiggly

1nf3ct3d

Smash Rookie

Sangoku

Smash Master
General techskill: work on your z-cancels timing (do you know what z-cancel is? Not taking you for an idiot, but I don't think I've seen any aerial z-cancelled by you or by your opponent), avoid rolling that much.

Approach: approach with nair more (instead of bair/fair), maybe learn how to teleport to nair? Also simply running grab/ dash backwards -> dash grab. Well grab more (in a clever way, don't spam it).

Edgeguard: again, more nairs. Nair has the biggest hitbox of all aerials (I believe) and lasts longer, ie easier to time. Oh and when you are by the edge, you often use all your jumps staying offstage or barely above the stage. That's very dangerous given that jiggs doesn't have an upb recovery (you often died that way).

Combos: combo more stuff into utilts. Sometimes you get a dair on him and you follow up with an usmash, sometimes with nothing. It looks like you're too slow with the input. Go to training mode and try dairing a pika and directly utilt a few times (the combo meter shouldn't reset). Work on basic combos in training mode. I feel you often don't know what to do in a given situation. For example when you get a grab at low percent (20ish), you should jump and uair, etc. Oh and try to learn how to combo into rest, best finisher for jiggs.

These are some very general tips, I think you'd better concentrate on that first before going further in detail. And of course, others who are more qualified than me will answer you way better than I did.

1nf3ct3d

Smash Rookie
Thankss very much, when exactly do i have to use z-cancel? after every drill?
and vs luigi i cant make uthrow because he flies too high..
also what attacks and when can i use z-cancel? (in which moment i mean)

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
You have to press z just before landing when you do any aerials with any character. This will nulifiy the landing lag. There are a few exceptions though: Ness' dair/uair and pika's uair don't have landing lag so z-cancelling them is useless. In the case of Jiggs dair, it's the opposite: you'd better not z-cancel it, because you get an extra hit that pops the ennemy a little in the air. But other than that, you should z-cancel. If you want to see the most noticeable difference pick link and try dairing with and without z-cancel. Against luigi I don't really know (it's a difficult matchup, inb4starking), try not to center your game around grab I guess. One grab can mean death against heavies, but not against floaties.

Top Bottom