• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to handle this character?

木西Galaxy

Smash Rookie
I hate fighting him. I usually main greninja (not one of those side b greninja's), but I can't handle this guy. Any tips? His falcon kick shoots half way across the stage as well as his side b. His side b can ko you as well in the high percentages. I can keep complaining, but I don't want this to be a complaint post. So yes. What are his weaknesses?

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's weakness lies in the fact that he has to rush in in order to be the effective beast he can be.

Greninja can play a decent zoning game with his uncharged shurikens, and can punish Falcon for throwing out some random aerials from mid-range with his side + B. Try to avoid being in the air, cause this is where Falcon likes you to be since he can uair chain you and rack up the damage.

As for side + B and Falcon Kick approaches, this shouldn't be too hard to deal with. If Falcons are doing side + B from full stage, it can be easy to read it, shield, and grab OoS. Usually Falcon kick is used as a tech or roll chase prediction from what I've seen from other Falcons on For Glory. It's something that shouldn't work but unfortunately does online, haha. You'll have to learn when these kind of Falcons are gonna expect a roll or tech and DON'T DO IT. Dash grab is probably the best punish since he ends up on the other side. That or DACUS.

It can be hard to read what he's going to approach with. He could dash grab, dash attack, jump-in, etc. Look into fighting more Falcon players in order to better read what their patterns are.

Anyway, hope I helped a little bit. Good luck, m8!

Top Bottom