• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Get Rid of a grab?

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
lol maybe be more specific? you can use your range, movement, spot dodging, and rolling to avoid getting into a grab in the first place. Once your in one, you just mash buttons to release yourself faster, otherwise it will release automatically. Keep in mind even if you mash buttons, most opponents can throw you from a grab position faster than you can mash out of it , most of the time.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
no, not the c-stick, just the buttns like a,b,y,x, L, R, Z. But do not rely on this very much, best option is to just not get grabbed in the first place, or spot dodge it. If your opponent does grab you, its usually better to react to their throw rather than mashing out.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
no, not the c-stick, just the buttns like a,b,y,x, L, R, Z. But do not rely on this very much, best option is to just not get grabbed in the first place, or spot dodge it. If your opponent does grab you, its usually better to react to their throw rather than mashing out.
Yeah, it's best to avoid getting grabbed because chances are, opponent is not always going to give you time to button mash out of the grab. Also even if you get out of the grab, there might be a chance that you are going to perform an unwanted action resulting in a punish. Therefore, as vegeta18 said, it is better to react to their throw.

Deckete

Smash Cadet
Got it. I know, but I asked the question because sometimes I'm caught in a grab and gets to delay opponent use a blow that throws me off. And then I just wanted to know which buttons to use.

Thank you guys.

Top Bottom