• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Get Better At Smash With No One To Play With?

Firebird56

Smash Rookie
Alright so, as the title says, I have no one to play Smash with now that my brother has gone back to college. None of my friends play Smash, or atleast at my level (which isn't really all that high, maybe take a few stock off bottom level tournament players). I'm wondering how I should go about improving. Someone told me that just attending tournaments would make me a lot better, but there aren't a whole lot going on where I live.

If anyone knows a good way to Smash by yourself, or know of any groups or players around the Greater Portland Area, Maine, please post. I guess I could always wait for Brawl, but that just seems a long way away.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
can you do the fox drillshine infinite? or wobble someone 100 % of the time? or do reverse SHL? or do perfect edgetechs every time?

theres plenty of tech to practise.

Firebird56

Smash Rookie
Alright well, I guess I should say that I don't play Fox, or Falco. The characters I mainly play as are Falcon, Sheik, and Marth. I practice SHFFLing once in a while, and im pretty good with teching. I think what I need now is playing experience, but I may be wrong.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Try the Regional North Atlantic Boards -->http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90
Also, just practice against a non-moving opponent. Read the stickies and learn the techniques for your character(s) and practice them on fd against a human controller with no one playing. later on you can practice the techs on your friends who aren't as good, and then try finding new people, or entering tournaments locally.

Brookman

Smash Hero
there are plenty of players in maine, though, they may be far away from you, as maine is relatively big for the north atlantic *looks at CT and rhode island >_>*

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Wow.. hehe your in the same position I was in when I first started Smash.. except im an only child, and my friends do play they just refuse to get better. XD Well.. here are some of my methods..

I looked at the advanced tricks and tips post at least once a day, until I got it memorized. Then, to practice I usually practice on either: A level 1 Bowser, or a non-moving Bowser in training mode.. not much difference, except the only part about the level 1 is it is putting up a fight.. a sucky one, but it's putting up a fight. As long as you practice at least a couple hours a day, and practice the advanced techniques, you should start getting better in no time. One thing to master first is WDing though, it will really help on improving your game. So, there you have it. I hope that somewhat helps. -.-' I'm not too good on explaining things.. heh.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Alright well, I guess I should say that I don't play Fox, or Falco. The characters I mainly play as are Falcon, Sheik, and Marth. I practice SHFFLing once in a while, and im pretty good with teching. I think what I need now is playing experience, but I may be wrong.
try it anyway. you never know. i started off as shiek, swtiched to marth, then to falco, then to fox, and now back to shiek.

but for falcon shiek and marth, you still got wavedashing <like, really really fast across the stage>, edgeteching, shffling, wd out of shield, etc.etc.

Top Bottom