• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Get Banned From Kaillera

Studstill

Smash Ace
Do this. Do this every game, every time, every second. It`s time to bring sports(wo)manship back to the greatest game ever made. Stop letting your emotions lower your competitive honor. This is not so much a thread as a commitment to the spirit of competition. Like or comment to sign and agree.

"and another thing about this community that is the worst, NOBODY everybody tells anybody else, that they are good, or they had a good match or anything positive. Each smash player is of their own, and they should be respected just as much as Isai is for the talent of smash 64 even if they are worse than a Level 1 CPU."
"
I agree with the sentiment so much... Essentially just as life is... Don't be a **** and enjoy what you're doing, it makes the community a better place, however having steadfast rules is kind of.... meh
"
That ^ being said:
1. I will be kind and cheerful, starting each match with a greeting.
2. I have an ethernet cable.
3. I will honor myself and my opponent, regardless of if it is Isai or a Level 1 CPU.
4. I will say Good Game.
5. I will compliment my opponent`s technique, if it is brilliance or simply learning how to half jump.
6. I will not be a prick. Even if I am. This is Smash 64 Online, not my house: I have no right.
7. I will have fun.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
actually i have a problem with #4

sometimes some players say gg too much it's kinda redundant. even within the same game some times lmao. then i look like a douchebag if i dont reply back

caneut

Smash Ace
Have you played any other competitive game besides smash? Quake? Counter Strike? League of Legends? Dota2?

What you say goes for games like call of duty or brawl, but not smash

Get out of here Studstill.

Sangoku

Smash Master
3. I will honor myself and my opponent, regardless of if it is Isai or a Level 1 CPU.
4. I will say Good Game.
5. I will compliment my opponent`s technique, if it is brilliance or simply learning how to half jump.
6. I will not be a prick. Even if I am. This is Smash 64 Online, not my house: I have no right.
7. I will have fun.
1) Two players will only get annoyed at each other, knowing that in advance why would they even greet? Might as well hate from the beginning.
2) Again with that old-fashioned cliché. I've never lagged on wifi and I know I'm not the only one. For a lot of people it does lag on wireless though, but that's not a necessarily thing.
3) Is this a samourai match or what
4) There's nothing more useless than writing a sterile "gg" after every match. Might as well only use it when you find a match particularly good, and at the end with a "ggs", because that's not much to do.
5) I will compliment what I find deserves compliment. A good combo, a good shieldbreak, a good read, etc. Learning how to what? I don't understand what you mean =/
6) So only if I'm hosting a smashfest at my house I can be a prick? I guess I'll just stop playing online then.
7) This game is no fun, it's only enraging.

In more seriousness, here's my personal code:
1) Don't make negative comments about playstyle, even if you're playing the most annoying/cheapest/etc. player. Each has his own style and shouldn't change because of others.
2) If you really can't tolerate 1), just say you're done and stop playing.
3) End with a "ggs".
4) Keep the positive comments to a minimum. If you need to be impressed, it means your much-better-than-you opponent might already be bored by wrecking you. No need to irritate him more with some impressed remarks.
5) Don't talk about what you did, what you ate, what you're listening to. The goal is to play a game, not to chat.
(6) This one is personal: don't play just before going to sleep. The overall stressed state and tachycardia will not let you rest peacefully)

Number 1 is the most important and the most difficult to follow.

Will add more if needed.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
5) Don't talk about what you did, what you ate, what you're listening to. The goal is to play a game, not to chat.
this sounds radical when written out, but thinking back that's exactly how I thought of things

(6) This one is personal: don't play just before going to sleep. The overall stressed state and tachycardia will not let you rest peacefully)
HAHAH, that is good. we should have a 'guide des bonne practiques en online smash'

I never pick the stage as to further minimize complaints, but if I were to make a rule it'd be: 1) don't pick DL if you're gonna complain about DL

Sedda

Smash Champion
never jump the gun and pick the stage yourself when you join someone else's session.

super rude.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Fortunately you didn't post this on server. I see no point in bottling up all your opinions or remarks, while online we typically (rip puffdaddy) aren't in a position to lose our lives just for typing what we are thinking; what's the point of chat otherwise? Spamming gg after every match in my mind flags you (negatively) for social tryhard/noob

EDIT: i lol sumtimes when people question my hosted games' auto setup/taunt/char select animation cheats. also scoff whenever they say my cheats cause DS

Last edited:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I say "hi" when someone joins my game and "ggs" at the end of the session.

will occasionally remind the player they may pick the stage if they lost or warn them at least a game ahead if I know I am leaving.

caneut

Smash Ace
Fortunately you didn't post this on server. I see no point in bottling up all your opinions or remarks, while online we typically (rip puffdaddy) aren't in a position to lose our lives just for typing what we are thinking; what's the point of chat otherwise? Spamming gg after every match in my mind flags you (negatively) for social tryhard/noob

EDIT: i lol sumtimes when people question my hosted games' auto setup/taunt/char select animation cheats. also scoff whenever they say my cheats cause DS
You're cheats don't cause ds, they cause people to ds. I join your game and we have those cheats enabled.

I then join someone elses game without reloading the rom or closing the emu, my game starts with your cheats (the stock at 5 and items off) but the hosts and everyone elses starts as normal.

Unless you can consciously remember at the beginning of a game, where the cheat occurs, that you should reload the rom before playing again which may as well be 10-15 minutes later, I think it's safe to say your cheats cause ds.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
this thread sucks and studstill should never have any kind of authority power online or on kaillera

you can be a **** online all you want, just a matter of whether or not people will put up with you

caneut

Smash Ace
this thread sucks and studstill should never have any kind of authority power online or on kaillera

you can be a **** online all you want, just a matter of whether or not people will put up with you
See *put random 64 smasher here* for an example of that.

Annex

Smash Ace
- be nice
it's nice to be nice :)

What ****ty country do you live in that you don't have a right to be a prick? Unless you mean it WOULDN'T BE RIGHT that's very different

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
Do this. Do this every game, every time, every second. It`s time to bring sports(wo)manship back to the greatest game ever made. Stop letting your emotions lower your competitive honor. This is not so much a thread as a commitment to the spirit of competition. Like or comment to sign and agree.

"and another thing about this community that is the worst, NOBODY everybody tells anybody else, that they are good, or they had a good match or anything positive. Each smash player is of their own, and they should be respected just as much as Isai is for the talent of smash 64 even if they are worse than a Level 1 CPU."

4. I will say Good Game.
7. I will have fun.

I agree with the sentiment so much... Essentially just as life is... Don't be a **** and enjoy what you're doing, it makes the community a better place, however having steadfast rules is kind of.... meh

Top Bottom