• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get all Blue Pikmen (only on certain maps)

LuckyShot

Smash Rookie
South Carolina- 3-4 stock, no items, neutrals, AIM
Well I doubt this is a new discovery but I couldnt find anything on it from searching and looking at the first 2 pages. I just figured this out when I was unfortunate enough to have to play on The Summit for a GB match.

Since all pikmen die and drown whenever they touch water, except for the blue ones, this is very easy to do on water levels. Well I was playing summit and the ice burg at the bottom of the stage sunk a little bit so that I was able to walk around but my ankles were in the water (go play the stage if you dont know what Im talking about)

Well all my red, yellow, purple, and white pikmen died and I was plucking pikmen not knowing what was happening. Since you are basically pulling the pikmen out of the water it seemed as if I could only pull blue pikmen, and if you do pull any other color they die instantly from the water so you can easily get 6 blue pikmen in 10 secs or so.

Obviously you wouldnt want 6 blue pikmen for the entire match but it could be useful at times when your opponent has a high amount of damage since blue pikmen's throws have the most knockback.

I havent tested it out yet but I would assume on levels with water you could just stand with your back facing the water and all colored pikmen (except for blue) would die much faster than trying to make them fall off the level (for the white pikmen strategy). This could be useful in competetive matches since Delfino Plaza has water.

Fino

Smash Master
Aha, When I saw the title I thought... omg, it's not someone who's going to tell me to pluck pikmin and then jump in the water is it? But this is actually legit; however, if I recall correctly, I've plucked yellows and reds in the water on Delfino Plaza before, but maybe that's just my memory screwing me over. I can't say for certain though.

~Fino

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I call that process Natural Selectioning. I do that during games sometimes if i want more reds or more blues by throwing off whites and yellows. Especially when the opponent is at high %

Top Bottom