• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to finishing the Stock when they shield?

Platurt

Smash Rookie
In general I don't have problems killing with cf but now with the uair knockback nerf the dthrow into uair at high percentages doesn't kill anymore, which was always my option to take the stock if they start shielding at high percentages.

Now I feel like they can survive everything once they start shielding if their stock is in danger. Sure there is dthrow into knee but it only works at a specific percentage and also not on the full the cast (if they don't airdodge or if I read the airdodge iirc), so it feels a bit too unreliable for me.

Seems like no one else has such a problem so I'm propably missing something... Any tips?

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
Well when I'm in this situation I usually try to get them off the stage and attempt to guard the ledge. If they are hiding in shield then they are basically inviting a throw off stage. Make sure to pressure offstage because at high percentage even a little nudge could mean the stock. Another good thing to do is if they tend to roll behind you when you get close, hit them with a sneaky side b :). Short hop bairs are a good way to eat shield and it's fairly safe. If you keep up the pressure in sure they will crack.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
Well when I'm in this situation I usually try to get them off the stage and attempt to guard the ledge. If they are hiding in shield then they are basically inviting a throw off stage. Make sure to pressure offstage because at high percentage even a little nudge could mean the stock. Another good thing to do is if they tend to roll behind you when you get close, hit them with a sneaky side b :). Short hop bairs are a good way to eat shield and it's fairly safe. If you keep up the pressure in sure they will crack.
Yeah grab and throw them off stage. There you can gimp or spike them. If they keep going into shield, you just keep throwing them off stage further every time until you gimp or spike them, or until they get so damaged the throw kills them. I also like to jab the shield because once I start rapid jabbing, we move appart until I'm out or range to jab. I wait for that moment when they realize they're safe and come out of shield then stop rapid jabbing and finish with the decently ranged last hit. Works nearly every time. Just don't stop jabbing till their shield is down.

Ponch0

Smash Rookie
NNID
ElegantYear
An option I like to use is to up-b depending on where they are on the stage. Even if it doesn't kill it puts you in position to edge-guard and get the kill off-stage.

Top Bottom