• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fast fall to the ledge after a wavedash

Live4Chaos

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble fast falling to the ledge after I wavedash back. When I do manage to fast fall I don't grab the ledge, otherwise i just continue past the ledge with my wavedash's momentum. What are the inputs I should be using to do it more consistently?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
In most circumstances, if you're falling past the ledge without grabbing it then you're fastfalling (or, more accurately, holding down) for too long. In some situations (such as when doing a long wavedash from extremely close to the ledge with Peach) it's not possible grab the ledge at all without fastfalling. If you fastfall then as far as I'm aware you are always able to grab the ledge, regardless of your positioning/character/wavedash length.

You should aim to input your fastfall immediately before you fall off the ledge.

See this thread for more details: http://smashboards.com/threads/wavedash-ledge-grab-frame-data.404871/

Top Bottom