• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to effectively wavedash

Facading

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on wavedashing for a little while now and I feel I have it down pretty nicely but the problem is I don't know how to use it appropriately in matches. Why is it important to know and when should I use it?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
To dodge or to use any standing move (preferably a smash or special) whilst moving. It really depends on the character though. Your main is Lucas, so you should try wavedashing towards your opponent and use pk freeze , then grab your opponent, up-throw, and as they come back down, charge your up-smash.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I've been working on wavedashing for a little while now and I feel I have it down pretty nicely but the problem is I don't know how to use it appropriately in matches. Why is it important to know and when should I use it?
Every pro player uses it. Look up videos of Neon, and you'll see him use it how Lucas does best. It's used for weaving in and out, continuing combos, all sorts of things. It's akin to asking "how is dashing useful?" There's no hard and fast answer. It's a movement option. A very common, very versatile movement option.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
However, it's basically useless with Peach or Zelda, but it is a way to make slow characters slightly faster too, like Snake.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I found when I first learned it most effective to do a wavedash back->fsmash, wavedash oos to escape pressure, and wavedash to reset my dash dance. Try applying it to those situations to see practical usage, even if it makes you play worse in the short term. Try to wavedash when you would normally roll.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Hi this is my first post, so if I do anything against the rules please tell me :/
Do you guys know any applications other than shorthop wavedash laser for wolf?

Top Bottom