• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to edit Brawl?

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I am new around here, and have a few questions about how they edit or change the coding of brawl. I am in my second year of university for the game programming course, and defiantly have an understanding of several programming languages.

We have a SSBB club at our school, and our group suddenly got really into replacing textures, and movesets of characters. We love the original SSBB, and would like to know how exactly they make things like Project M, Brawl+, or Balanced Brawl; so that we may edit the characters towards balance how we see fit. So like, which programming languages are used? What program is used to run the language (example: CS6 runs As3 scripts)? Where would we even get the source code/files for brawl? And what other things would be required to do this (Obviously Wii with Homebrew+SD card is a given)?

We've also heard around the internet about the fabled "Clone Engine." We've got about 17 university level game programmers, all live close by, all willing to learn the insides out of brawl, and have a full summer ahead of us. I'm not promising that we could or would even know how to do it or even start, but with this many smart people who knows what we could accomplish...

Thanks for your time, and apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forums!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's all done through BrawlBox and Project SA. I don't know what they're coded in, but you don't need to know any languages to use the programs. They're relatively self-expanatory (although having a programming-oriented mind will help you get in depth with PSA).

The clone engine is... probably not going anywhere, to be honest. I don't know if there's any documentation on what little progress has been made.

D

Deleted member

Ah I see, thanks for this information! We already knew about BrawlBox but haven't delved into Project SA yet. Time to get started lol.

Top Bottom