• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to deal with rainbow cruise

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
How do you deal with this stage when fighting floaties. Some people will switch chars just to play this stage. And you dont want to waste a CP on a stage that might not be played on. Is your best option to find a new char to play?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ban et?
Anywho, Lucario doesn't get as ***** as some others, good jump, lingering hitboxes to help control the air, and dair to give you a little more air maneuverability, but nonetheless, it's a pretty bad stage for lucario due to close sides, wonky things, and all that. But if you're against MK or something like that, this would be the first stage to ban for many reasons, after that there's really only Halberd or Brinstar, which aren't as bad.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If I suspect MK, DDD, or G&W I ban this stage.

It's bad stage for Lucario already, if I tried to CP for the few characters this stage is good for and they switch to the above three I would scream, "****" in my head.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
But if you're against MK or something like that, this would be the first stage to ban for many reasons, after that there's really only Halberd or Brinstar, which aren't as bad.

Thats the problem say if you play a marth player. And he has a tendiecy to play Mk also. The best bet would be to ban BF so you will have some type of an stage adcantage going into the first game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If you have a stage strike system, he won't be able to pick BF anyways.
And if he lost on the first neutral regardless, well you won't have to worry so much about game2, you have game3 to CP.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm glad I read phil's last post, else this would have just been me saying the exact same thing as him without acknowledging it.

Ban a neutral
Win game 1. This is key.
Try hard on game 2. If you win, sweet, you won the set.
If you lost, use game 3 to counterpick and win the set.

This is all about the art of counterpicking. If you really hate Rainbow Cruise -that- much, ban it and hope the best for your set.

Top Bottom