• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Projectiles?!

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
We made a video explaining how to deal with projectiles as Ganondorf (or characters with very few approach options) as many people seemed to have issues with this.
If you like the video, subrscribe and like it, and feel free to comment or reply here to suggest what to improve on.
We gladly take requests to post videos explaining other specific situations!

EDIT: Added the new video regarding Edge Guarding!

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
@ Exalted Exalted : Under literally any other circumstance, you'd be right, my dude. Not that you aren't in this one, but for now, I'mma let this thread sit for a while to let it get some exposure. Videos get buried too quickly in the video thread, so I'll let this one breathe for now.

Of course, the reason being it's actually informative and not just one of us showing off. :colorful: I'll still archive it in the video thread at some point though.

Last edited:

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for understanding.

I will place it in the correct thread next time.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I use these techniques... but playing against Link is so annoying.

Because the rate of incoming projectiles varies if the Link user is going to spam a boomerang + bow or bombs etc.

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
I use these techniques... but playing against Link is so annoying.

Because the rate of incoming projectiles varies if the Link user is going to spam a boomerang + bow or bombs etc.
this comes down to training and knowing your opponent. Link is one of the easiest matchups if they spam because all you have to do is get in their face and shield. They will attempt to smash or use an unsafe move, which means you can shield and punish with a nice tilt or such.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
this comes down to training and knowing your opponent. Link is one of the easiest matchups if they spam because all you have to do is get in their face and shield. They will attempt to smash or use an unsafe move, which means you can shield and punish with a nice tilt or such.
Exactly right. 100%.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
What if the Link knows how to chain when next to you when you shield once you've run the gauntlet of spam projectiles?

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
What if the Link knows how to chain when next to you when you shield once you've run the gauntlet of spam projectiles?
do you mean grab? Spot dodge. All Link's moves are slow, including his grab, which gves Ganon ample time to punish.

I have a video here with more on edge guarding!

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
Again I've wanted to throw my controller at the screen several times because Ganon's shield takes an eternity to pop up and his spot dodge seems like it's useless. If I wait a half second longer to spot dodge it won't do it period.

I take great pleasure in timing spot dodges and when Diddy or Cap are 3-5 feet away and I spot dodge their grab and they still grab me I get annoyed.

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
Again I've wanted to throw my controller at the screen several times because Ganon's shield takes an eternity to pop up and his spot dodge seems like it's useless. If I wait a half second longer to spot dodge it won't do it period.

I take great pleasure in timing spot dodges and when Diddy or Cap are 3-5 feet away and I spot dodge their grab and they still grab me I get annoyed.
Should I make a video on how to spot dodge?

Top Bottom