• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Mario and Ness/Lucas as Cloud?

Cloud-Dream

Smash Rookie
As a Cloud main I always found people who main Mario and Ness/Lucas to be the most annoying because of Mario's Cap and Fludd, and Ness and Lucas mains constantly spamming their PSI attacks to the point where I can't even approach them.

Does have any tips or advice on dealing with these types of players?

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
The main thing I do with both of them is space fair, the only real options ness and lucas have to challenge it is nair and if you space it well you will always win, then use cross slash or what-not out of the fair. For mario the fair is helpful but also make sure to up-b out of shield when he just walks up and down-tilts or something like that. I hope this helps because I often have trouble with Ness/Lucas too.

KavMaster

Smash Rookie
Do not let them get you in the air. I know the Ness MU more than the Lucas, so bear with me here. Both Ness and Lucas are pretty strong in the air (from what I've seen) and Cloud doesn't really have a way to save himself from that. Space them out using FAir and BAir. If they're really good, they will start getting you offstage a lot quicker. In order to prevent this, tech when they get you to the ledge in order to break the momentum, and follow through with the proper getup response. Cross-Slash really breaks their momentum, so abusing that can be good too. Be careful with Blade Beam, as Down B will give them health from it, so you need to be careful when using it.

Top Bottom