• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Little Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
http://youtu.be/L_pvqM06HB8

Our stupidly good down smash returns but only works on some characters now.
To do this some characters can be down smashed from a close range or any range, just test it out and find out for yourself I've already tested every character and found out it works on the following:

• Peach
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Ganondorf
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Little Mac
  • Falco
  • Greninja
  • Sonic
Little Mac absolutely cannot recover from this if you do it by the ledge making this MU a crap ton easier. It's also really useful on characters with low recovering options like Ganondorf and Falco.

This trick can also be done on ANY character as long as it's done on the sloped edges on YOSHI'S ISLAND (brawl)

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
I love to do this! Makes it so easy to ko all the Macs out there.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
I usually just Shield>Back-Throw him to oblivion. If you can get him to 105% it's an insta-death when the move is fresh, at the edge of the stage. Of course throwing him off-stage repeatedly at any percent will get the job done. This is a lot easier now that TL's grapple catches people in the air. So if you're sharp enough you can catch him even as he ledge-hops

Last edited:

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Oh i love our new hookshot <3 and zair is actually becoming really good once you learn how to use it. Does anyone know if we can grab people out of trip now like diddy kongs banana?

ScotteyF1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scotty91
3DS FC
1676-4972-3420
I'm about average at this game, maybe slightly above average since I have a winning head to head in for glory. However I have a real problem defeating little mac. I Try my best to camp against him and stay in the air as much as I can. He is just too fast though and punches me while i'm landing. I try grabbing him but he just rolls backwards and punishes me severely. Any help?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i feel like its not just little mac being too fast. I think toonlink in general just has a problem against fast characters ( or blink fast attacks). These characters can often cover large distance of space before you even get a chance to shoot a projectile (or before the projectile animation starts). I suppose spacing is toonlinks best strategy even more so here. But also I agree in that I feel like zair might be a tool that resurrects more into toons main offense like it was in brawl.

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
@ ScotteyF1 ScotteyF1
Join the smash scotland facebook page! We arrange tourneys and all there and I'll meet you at tourneys and maybe some fests!

ILJ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
giancarlo777
3DS FC
2852-9628-7134
Its like toon links dair on the ledge, possibly spiking your opponent to his fall, love it:]

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
I'll join the facebook page, but I won't be going to tournaments....not good enough and don't have the time. Anyway sorry this is off topic. :p
It's fine, this threads a lil old new anyway now xD

D

Deleted member

Here's another video of this against ZSS.

I never knew about this until this very match, then found this thread. I wonder what the technical details are for why this happens against certain characters but not others.
I heard something about it being more effective on thin characters or something. I've also heard that it works better out of a slingshot (doing a move after running a little bit after a turn-around animation, which causes you to slide when doing certain moves, such as dsmash). and when TL is in rage. No idea how true any of this is, though. I'm just repeating what I've heard, and haven't bothered testing it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I heard something about it being more effective on thin characters or something. I've also heard that it works better out of a slingshot (doing a move after running a little bit after a turn-around animation, which causes you to slide when doing certain moves, such as dsmash). and when TL is in rage. No idea how true any of this is, though. I'm just repeating what I've heard, and haven't bothered testing it.
It is all true. And you probably heard it from me XD.

Edit: Pre-emptively locked because this was patched out and I just know that someone will bump this thread otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom