• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Fox?

4MyFriends

Smash Cadet
Yeah idk if I'm posting in the right section, but most of my troubles come from For Glory soo...

Anyway my main is Ike and I really have trouble with Fox. It might be the online lag messing with me at times, but when I play against a decent Fox, I always get wrecked. He's always up in my face and idk how to get him off of me.

So help out a scrub? ; _ ; please?

Puttaters

Smash Cadet
Yeah idk if I'm posting in the right section, but most of my troubles come from For Glory soo...

Anyway my main is Ike and I really have trouble with Fox. It might be the online lag messing with me at times, but when I play against a decent Fox, I always get wrecked. He's always up in my face and idk how to get him off of me.

So help out a scrub? ; _ ; please?
I would say shield grab and down tilt his dash attacks. When he rolls behind you uptilt him. As you already know killing fox is not a problem for Ike just catching him. I would also recommend always fighting a lv 9 cpu fox all the time to be well versed in the match up. Hope that helped. :)

Nah

Smash Champion
It depends a bit on the Fox you're fighting. For a lot of them their only method of approach is dash attack, which is not one of Fox's safest moves, so it's not terribly difficult to shield that and then grab or jab or some other quicker attack. You can also use Ike's Counter on it too (which got buffed in 1.0.8 iirc). Also try to use Ike's superior range to your advantage; Ragnell pretty much outranges almost all of Fox's moves. Fox is also lightweight, which is good for you since Ike hits fairly hard.

Asking around in the Ike boards may help too, since they could probably tell you more character specific things about the matchup that will help too.

I have to disagree with Puttaters though about the CPU bit. CPUs don't behave anything like human players and they also have inhuman reaction speeds so they're usually not good practice for when you fight against other humans.

Puttaters

Smash Cadet
I find cpu's harder to punish than the average human but that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom