• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Convince Your Friend To Play Project M

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Hi! I decided to show my friend project m since he really likes brawl. So I showed him project M, and we started to play around with it. So anyway, he said he really liked the new character changes, but he didn't like the speed and thought it was too fast. Now, whenever he plays PM, he just wants to play it in 2/3 speed. I personally enjoy playing it at regular speed, as many of you do. But I can't convince him to start playing at full speed. Any advice?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hi! I decided to show my friend project m since he really likes brawl. So I showed him project M, and we started to play around with it. So anyway, he said he really liked the new character changes, but he didn't like the speed and thought it was too fast. Now, whenever he plays PM, he just wants to play it in 2/3 speed. I personally enjoy playing it at regular speed, as many of you do. But I can't convince him to start playing at full speed. Any advice?
Just because he liked brawl, does not mean he will like pm. Because he likes brawl, he might like smash 4. Smash 4 has a similar pace to brawl. PM has a similar pace to melee. If he hates melee, you might as well stop now. You can always try and show him cool videos or top players playing as the characters he likes, in hopes of him trying it out at regular speed.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Who does he play? Maybe he just needs a slower character, there are plenty of options.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
He plays toon link, but I suggested him try lucario. He is a rather fast character, but even when my friend plays as toon link or someone else, he still think's its a tad bit fast.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Just because he liked brawl, does not mean he will like pm. Because he likes brawl, he might like smash 4. Smash 4 has a similar pace to brawl. PM has a similar pace to melee. If he hates melee, you might as well stop now. You can always try and show him cool videos or top players playing as the characters he likes, in hopes of him trying it out at regular speed.
Well, I tried to show him some videos of Mew2king, but he just nods and says "That's cool", and I don't think it's really changing his mind. He hasn't played ssbm either, nor does he have a 3ds so he can't play ssb4. I just want him to get the PM bug like all of us here :)

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Have the friend play one game of PM and then they will see how infinitely better it is from all the other smashes. Problem solved.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
He plays toon link, but I suggested him try lucario. He is a rather fast character, but even when my friend plays as toon link or someone else, he still think's its a tad bit fast.
Tink is one of the faster characters in the game, especially as regards number of inputs required.

Get him to try D3, he seems to build pretty well on a Brawl-like mindset.

Regardless, your friend may just not like and/or be ready for PM. You can't force it on everyone.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Eh, tink just has to hit more buttons than an awful lot of characters. Not nearly as many as the spacies, but I think he's probably in the top half of the cast.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
I thought toon link wasn't that fast, so that's why I suggested my friend to stick with him. Plus there's almost no changes. D3 has a bad recovery, and it can easily be interrupted. Plus my friend doesn't like him in brawl, & and there's not a big difference between SSBB and PM D3.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Don't try and convince anybody to play anything, just have them play, feel it out, and find out for themselves. Let them get comfortable with it, at normal speed. Just ask if they want to play, and if they do they do.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Don't try and convince anybody to play anything, just have them play, feel it out, and find out for themselves. Let them get comfortable with it, at normal speed. Just ask if they want to play, and if they do they do.
I guess that's all I can go with for now :/

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I tried with my friends with this and Melee, they hated it.

Just key things that bothered them and were deal breakers. They prefer Smash 4 by far but only because of what they enjoy and like about smash bros.

For me I just like them all pretty closely, except maybe 64.

Top Bottom