• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to choose a favorite character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yerka90

Smash Rookie
Hi guys and girls. I have experienced the wonderful game called super smash bros for over six years now. I have experienced good times and bad times with it and so have my closest friends. We have played brawl togheter for two years now and two of my friends have picked the wrong favorite character (in my oppinion). One of them is playing with lucas and ike. The other one is playing with ness and marth. We live in sweden and they are playing with characters that they didnt even experienced any memorys with. These bloody characters only exist in japan (exept for ike). So here comes my question, Did you pick your favorite characters by testing all characters and say that lucas (for this example) is the best character for your playstyle or did you pick your character cause you remember it as a child and are a fan of this characters games. I myself first mained with Bowser cause i liked bowser in the mario games. Then i changed to Samus in melee cause i started to play the metroid games and i liked them even better. And finally in brawl i choosed to main with Zero Suit samus cause Samus was too nerfed too be played to the perfection.

Excuse me for wrong spelling

JSLink

Smash Rookie
I picked Ike from what I heard pre-Brawl release. He was like Roy, so I choose him the first Power On, and it's been a rap since then.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Hi guys and girls. I have experienced the wonderful game called super smash bros for over six years now. I have experienced good times and bad times with it and so have my closest friends. We have played brawl togheter for two years now and two of my friends have picked the wrong favorite character (in my oppinion). One of them is playing with lucas and ike. The other one is playing with ness and marth. We live in sweden and they are playing with characters that they didnt even experienced any memorys with. These bloody characters only exist in japan (exept for ike). So here comes my question, Did you pick your favorite characters by testing all characters and say that lucas (for this example) is the best character for your playstyle or did you pick your character cause you remember it as a child and are a fan of this characters games. I myself first mained with Bowser cause i liked bowser in the mario games. Then i changed to Samus in melee cause i started to play the metroid games and i liked them even better. And finally in brawl i choosed to main with Zero Suit samus cause Samus was too nerfed too be played to the perfection.

Excuse me for wrong spelling
ness is also outside of japan...

let's see:

i play zelda, because i've always thought she was pretty, and because i'm a huge LoZ fan (but link never really appealed to me in smash. doesn't play like lnk should) :p. or at least, that's why i STARTED playing her, back in melee. now i just play zelda because i always have.

i play sheik because she's a ninja, and her design is awesome in this game. really fun to play as well... again i'm a big LoZ fan.

i play ice climbers because they're awesome and have awesome parkas. only played ice climbers through masterpieces.

i play jiggs because he's always seemed to fit me since i first seriously tried him out in melee. i also am a big fan of his evolved form, wigglytuff. also, it's just friggin awesome owning people with jiggs.

i play marth because... well, it's just a really smooth playstyle. i'm not sure if marth is for me, though. i used to main him partially in melee... i just don't know yet.

i play zamus because i thought her power suit design looked AWESOME for brawl, so i started using her in melee, realized i liked using samus... then i got a couple metroid games... i'm now a big metroid fan, actually. anyway, brawl finall came out, and..... samus just... doesn't work like she used to, so i play zamus, who is really fun and annoying to other people... also, she's samus, and i'm sam.

Bluemoon-san

Smash Rookie
well choosing your favorite character is relatively easy >.>
for me i like lucario because he is my favorite pokemon. I use him as a main because for me he is relatively easy to control :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom