• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Zero Suit Samus And Pac Man.

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
I can't just beat them their too gud.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
You mean with Captain Falcon? We're going to need more info than that if you want us to help you.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Raptor Boost PAC-MAN's Fire Hydrant and try and go for a surprise hit, and gimp him by stealing a Trampoline bounce at the right time.
As for ZSS, I have no idea.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
On pac-man I personally dont have much issue. You can use an Elbow or Raptor to knock his hydrant. He does have his projectiles but your speed should allow you to move or dodge. My primary game against him is down throw into u-air until higher percents. Once you figure how the player utilizes the hydrants I think this match up is relatively even.

Now Zero-Suit plainly sucks to fight as falcon. Her neutral B stun is frustrating. If you try to block it she can grab you, if you jump towards her over the blast she can forward smash you or avoid you with ease. My main advice with this matchup is to play smart. When she fires her stun do a short hop over it while doing a neutral air. Your kicks will hit her out of her f-smash and can be followed up with gentlemen. Also you need to become a dodge master in this matchup. When knocked in the air don't worry about your next attack but instead how to get the the ground. She can combo you in the air extremely easy and there's not much your moves can do to stop it. So just air dodge and get good at timing it. Its bad matchup and zero suit is probably a top tier character. So I think this fight will always be a pain.

Last edited:

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
Falcon's Jab clashes with ZSS's neutral b and from what I've seen a lot of ZSS's aren't expecting this after stopping neutral b punish ZSS with dash attack or dash grab. We have more options on the ground than ZSS so stage control shouldn't be a problem but in the air is when the fight becomes really difficult, ZSS has good aerials, good movement with b-reverse stun gun and the best Zair in the game as it is lagless so to counter it make sure to powershield it so you can act immediately after. Also be very wary of down smash setups as you will be launched at a fixed trajectory and ZSS can catch you with her up b after, test the waters a bit by feigning an approach if you see ZSS going for down smash when you get close run into spot dodge and punish with grab or dtilt depending on range. Being off stage against ZSS can be scary as she he has more options in the air than you (which is crazy considering not many characters do vs Falcon) recover too high and you'll get eaten alive by an onslaught of aerials, recover too low and you'll get spiked. Try to sweet spot the ledge at all cost as it is your best bet to get back on stage.

As for pacman I haven't played against any pacmans in tourney yet so I wouldn't know what to tell you sorry.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
I don't have many problems with Pac Man, like most mid tier characters, he has no real reliable kill moves while Falcon has like 4. But due to how rare it is to actually fight a pac man, the matchup is hard to grasp.

But basically just knock his hydrant into him and fight him like any other character at that point. If he trampolines off the stage, run off and take his 3rd bounce, you'll recover no sweat and he'll fall to his death. Just remember his dash attack is really really good, but his grab is easily the worst in the game due to how obscenely laggy it is. Once you hear the boss galiga tractor beam sound, you can just rush him as his grab wont work anymore at that point, but he still has like 40-60 frames to go before he can do anything else.

Just be weary of the Bell, Melon, and Key projectiles, those ones are pretty nasty.

ZSS... Yeah I'm lucky(or unlucky) and don't fight those very often. jab/dash kills their B, and you have a way better ground game then them, just don't try to contest the air too much.

Last edited:

RainbowTrololo

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainbowTrololo
3DS FC
0018-1802-5033
When I play my ZSS maining friend, I just make sure I never relent on my attacks. Always keep the pressure on.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Always DI to the side on her down throws, respect her up b and recover low. This way she will have a hard time killing you and you can expect to live to above 150% while she often gets KO'd before 100%. Intercept her flipkicks with uair and her paralyzer shots with a mixture of dash attack, shorthop uairs/nairs, empty hops into grab and perfect shield into dash grab/jab.

The main problem is her superior reach with nair and zair, however her grab is slow. As such, don't be afraid to shield often when anticipating those moves and punishing them accordingly with dash grab, dash attack and jab. Falcon's dash grab has nearly the same reach as ZSS' tether grab. She gets comboed by Falcon just as hard as Falcon does by her and Falcon has a higher damage output, but she has a slight advantage in neutral, however returning to my first point she also dies much earlier and can't really gimp Falcon easily.

All in all this matchup feels fairly even to me.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
SPOT DODGE HER GRAB.
It is a pain in the ass once she grabs you and begins a ridiculous string of aerials and possibly even a kill off the top with boost kick, so pre empt that situation and don't let her start. Her grab is slow but has good range, and if she reads you dash attacking she can grab you out of it.
If you spot dodge her grab you should be able to punish with ease.

In the air is a pain, but not impossible. her Nair will beat ours cuz disjoints, and your Uair is basically like hers.
Abuse it. A lot. Also do your best to land a knee cuz she's light and dies much quicker than us.
If you can read a flip jump you may be able to go for the nipple spike!

Chud

Smash Rookie
NNID
A3R0dynamic
A huge thing for beating ZSS is knowing the appropriate DI to escape her combos. She has some kindergarten combos that can easily lead to death when not DI'd properly. For example, when caught in an Uair string, DI towards her. This will help you escape before she can finish you with an UpB. If you do get caught with up B, just hold down and it will help you live longer.

D

Deleted member 269706

For pac-man, since he's slower, just overwhelm him. Stay up in his face, and punish where you can. He's slower, therefore going to be more defensive, punish him with lots of grabs. Make sure to stay close so he can't spam projectiles at you. His moves have a lot of endlag, so when blocking his attacks, get him with a good grab.

As far as ZSS goes, keep your distance, and play more defensively. She is a really difficult character to go up against almost regardless of who you're playing as. What's more is that she seems to be harder to combo than a lot of other characters, so be very careful when going up against her. But if you keep your distance, you'll be able to find openings. You have to be decent at reading to stand a chance against her.

Alternatively, you can learn another character who better counters these two.

Smash Ace
Pac-man, just abuse your grab combos. Projectile, shield. Hydrant, Falcon Kick or Raptor Boost. Overwhelm him.
ZSS, **** HER. Her damn paralyzer is literally impossible to punish. If you shield, she runs up and grabs. Huh, a free combo. You cant really do anything except go for grabs/combos. Unless the ZSS your playing isnt good...

Last edited:

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
Whenever you get down thrown, immediately DI to inwards to escape out of her fair and sometimes uair, and be sure to spot dodge her grabs as they have long endlag. For Pac-Man, just f smash or Raptor Boost the fire hydrants, and perfect shield his projectiles. Play carefully since some Pac-Mans are really good.

Sorry for the short comment but I felt like I'd be nice to drop a little information for a fellow Falcon user!

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Against Pac Man, keep the pressure going and use f smash or boost for hydrants. If he gets fruit happy perfect shield or pick it up and use against him.

In general, playing against projectile/spacing characters as falcon is tough, but applying constant pressure and keeping stage control will really help you.

Top Bottom