• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Beat Meta Knight

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
DK has a lot of options against the tornado... Bair (I don't know if it works when the tornado is strongest but it comes out really fast so if the DK expects it he can hit you out of it easily), charged B-punch, F-tilt (which is really fast too and works for the entire animation), F-smash, Down-B (I think)... the reason most MKs don't spam the tornado vs. DK is because it's not nearly as effective against him as it is with most characters.
lol...nado raaaaaaaaapes DK's tiny pathetic shield. if nado is used correctly then these counters will never happen. wut can DK do if MK is comin in with tornado just above f tilts hit box?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know that dittos don't mean as much, but didn't Neo beat Sethlon at pound?

Tornados are annoying, but if you space properly and shield at the right times it's not so bad. You also have to be a bit trickier with airdodging.

Against MK I do a lot of tilts and bairs. I'll mix things up but I just try to space him out.
They only played one match. Both of them were over 100% last stock.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
lol...nado raaaaaaaaapes DK's tiny pathetic shield. if nado is used correctly then these counters will never happen. wut can DK do if MK is comin in with tornado just above f tilts hit box?
for high tornado you have an angled ftilt, jumping punch, or if he's coming high enough, usmash. btw, the better dks will already be in the habit of angled ftilt, because it does more damage and stops approaches better

Linguini

Smash Master
Tornado spamming can be VERY annoying for DK, but it can be gotten around and punished, you have several options.

If you have a full shield ,keep that **** up.

If your shield is depleted dont keep it up but try to roll out(works, just try it).

If your shield is small take it like a man and get hit, afterwards dont try to airdodge back down, because you will get caught in it again. Float to an edge,where you will be safe from the tornado.

Remember there are two types of tornado, the rising tornado(the MK player hits b many times), this one is invincible, so dont try to beat it if you get hit by it, airdodge through the sides since he has to rise up.

If he stays grounded your giant punch will beat it or an ftilt will clash it out, and if you get sucked in and he decides to stay grounded and to catch your airdodge on your way down give him the old DK dair spike which will def. go through.
Ive gotten pretty experienced at this matchup lately, IMO its a slight advantage for MK, like 55-45 MK.Nothing too serious since you can kill him at 70, haha,

Top Bottom