• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Diddy!

KingJames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KingJames95
3DS FC
4270-1781-8413
I feel its very important that we have a separate thread just talking about what we know about this particular mu . As we all know Diddy is the most annoying character to fight and most used in smash 4.

Approaching options- Run up shield grab, Pivot-f-tilt, dedede gordos, down tilt

Play style- Against Diddy I think its important to play aggressive and try to get lots of grabs and control the game if you sit back and spam gordos diddy will out camp you with his fair and peanuts

edge guarding - use nair dair bair, Sometime if diddy uses his side b to recover you can use down -smash or f -smash

killing options- down smash kills around 110, bair kills around 110 and with rage 95, u-tilit is a reliable kill option.

How to dI diddy down throw-?

What are good stages and bad for d3

Going to try to upload some gameplay of my dedede vs a good diddy player in my state

This is a good match to watch matchup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBfVARz9-8

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This MU is tough but not unwinnable. The King's biggest asset in this match is that he's really fat and Diddy actually struggles to kill him, especially off the top. Rage-boosted kill moves can take down Diddy quickly, and D3's Uair is good for covering high Monkey Flip recoveries, while Gordos and D3's gimp game can cover Diddy's low options. The real trick is hitting Diddy in neutral.

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I honestly think it's better to keep Diddy at mid-range. The banana is annoying but at mid-range most Diddys will be tempted to approach normally or with monkey flip/fair. You are not going to beat a good Diddy in neutral and up close, it's just not going to happen. Our hammer does help us and makes Diddy respect our space, and that's the first key to victory in the matchup.

On how to DI the down-throw: At early % you're screwed. I DI up so usually he can only get two up airs instead of three. At later %, DI away. I'll take the fair over the up air any day, it's much easier to challenge if Diddy botches the follow-up.

If you're getting juggled, don't try to make something from nothing. Go to the ledge and reset the situation.

As for stages, stick with the usual good stages for D3, plenty of Battlefield. Diddy doesn't really have a stage he struggles on, so it's better to appeal to our strengths. Ban Halberd any time you win, Diddys love it and when it comes to killing off the top Diddy is going to win every time.

Edit: I think Big D did a pretty good job there. Kept him at mid range, baited out approaches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom