• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat a superheavy?

D

Deleted member

I wanted to talk about this in my "Nerf Culture" thread but... How do you take advantage of a superheavy's weakness and especially get around K. Rool's seemingly overpowered armor? These guys are the most difficult for me to beat?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Depends on your character, tbh. Combo heavy characters like Bayonetta are great against them.

D

Deleted member

Depends on your character, tbh. Combo heavy characters like Bayonetta are great against them.
When I lose to them, I will usually be losing with non-heavy characters, as I use the superheavies the most.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Pay attention to your spacing and don’t leave yourself open to one of their devastating attacks. Once you hit them always follow up and try to combo them for big damage. Use your dash dance and your short hops and other movement options to bait out their attacks with long cool downs and punish them

SodaOD

Smash Rookie
As everyone else has said. Combos are everything. I also think until you get a certain percent remain in neutral. You can take your time, and push it slowly. You need to find an opening and punish them for it. Keep in mind they are trying the same thing but their attacks hit quite a bit harder.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Take advantage of their laggy moves and try to punish whiffs. Grabs are especially effective against characters with super armour. Especially KKR since his belly will eat most attacks.

Top Bottom