• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat a Little Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
How to be a little mac? Been seeing them a lot lately in 1v1 glory, and staying at the edge really only works for noob Little Macs.

So how do I bet this guy?

Yaargh!

Smash Rookie
I don't actually have the game but maybe you could try throwing him up in the air as much as possible and then trying to catch him with aerials since he won't go near the ledge?

In theory, his percentage should eventually be high enough to send him over the edge anyway.

Again, I don't actually have the game so take that strategy with a HUGE grain of salt.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
They tend to roll around you alot so down smashes could be a good fix. Even if semi-decent Mac's are smart enough to not suicide by jumping off the ledge themselves, you can always throw or smash them towards it and gimp them from there.

Other than that I'd say doing a lot of short hops and anticipating their upsmashes when you fall back down would be key in beating them. 465

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
How to be a little mac? Been seeing them a lot lately in 1v1 glory, and staying at the edge really only works for noob Little Macs.

So how do I bet this guy?
You won't beat a lot of macs online because of latency and the fact that you must be able to power shield to punish some off is moves. Power/perfecting shielding cancels out some of the shield stun and allows you to act even faster out of shield. Mac is really scrubby online because you csnt consistently do this due to lag+latency or just latency.

What you can do though is punish all dash attack attempts with throws or quick normals, punish forward smashes if they stick them out up close, and do you're best to pop him into the air so you can juggle him or bait counters because a lot of macs are afraid to be in the air with someone approaching them so they just stick out counters

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
So, which is it: beat, be, or bet a little mac? And the greater question is why not a big mac?

1FC0

Smash Lord
I met 1 good Little Mac online and could do almost nothing. Little Mac is so fast that I can barely get through his punches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom