• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to beat a greninja?

Amin

Smash Rookie
Hi, I main zero suit samus and i have a friend of mine who main a greninja. He is able to beat me everytime we play, apparently i am easy to read. All he does is roll around or dash kick until i make a mistake and grab me and combo a few times and then smash once i am high percentage. I try to paralyze shot him but its slower than his kick or grab so i get punished everytime, when i try to roll around him and find a good timing to grab him he roll back and i get again punished since zss grab has a huge lag if missed. I try to jump and Nair but problem is i cant jump low and do Nair, i have to slighly press the jump button but it never work when playing cuz i press harder and i jump high.

anyone knows how to beat his strategy and be more creative so i dont easily get read?

Thanks!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Shieldgrab his laggy moves, outrange with side b and try to punish laggy moves with down b.
Practice short hop nair into fast fall. Don't roll too much.
Neutral b won't help you much against greninja because of his shuriken. You can try to hit him off stage though if he doesn't recover low.

This is a good question for the Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread by the way, ask there next time.

Amin

Smash Rookie
thanks appreciate it, do you know how i could easily short hop? im having a hard time doing it. also how do you counter someone who just abuse rolling around and side dodge to grab and kick like greninja, since hes very fast on ground and sneaky and his grab is really fast.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
ZSSamus has good quick roll punishes. You can punish people with your dash attack or grab (more risky of course) if they roll away, and punish with jab or forward tilt if they roll into you. Both works great and especially your forward tilt has a wonderful hitbox.
I sadly cannot give you any advice on how to short hop better or more consistently. Just go into training mode and practice until you get it right without thinking about it.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hi, I main zero suit samus and i have a friend of mine who main a greninja. He is able to beat me everytime we play, apparently i am easy to read. All he does is roll around or dash kick until i make a mistake and grab me and combo a few times and then smash once i am high percentage. I try to paralyze shot him but its slower than his kick or grab so i get punished everytime, when i try to roll around him and find a good timing to grab him he roll back and i get again punished since zss grab has a huge lag if missed. I try to jump and Nair but problem is i cant jump low and do Nair, i have to slighly press the jump button but it never work when playing cuz i press harder and i jump high.

anyone knows how to beat his strategy and be more creative so i dont easily get read?

Thanks!
I actually Started the MU thread like a month and a half ago and I've generally gotten an agreement from those who responded

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-mu-thread-catch-a-greninja.372321/#post-18050081

Top Bottom