• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to beat a good game and watch?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
my mates game and watch is giving me the craps. i can't judge his ilregular moving pattern so i find it hard to time a good Dair. his up smash is giving me lots of trouble. when i try to come down with a shadow ball to a sheild roll he will up smash me. when he uses his up special i try to use a Nair but should i use a Fair.
i try to use shadowball for my kills or hit a good Dair. or i will try and hit a Fair when he is on say round %50 percent then jugle him with some Uairs.

so my mewtwo needs some help. please help out

slave1

Smash Lord
i am running into the same trouble but i think my friend is better at game and watch than yours.

and i have been playing all day against it so.
1. if he is comming up onto the stage from below use down smash.
2.give up the down air, it will never hit him consistantly.
3.good thing to charge up your shadow ball or shoot lots of little ones to keep him off balance. unless he lays flat and wave dashes towards you.
4. do the jugle keep it up as long as you can.
5.watch out for the unbrella it has a huge hit box and kills all(be afraid be very afraid)
6. just dance like a mother and find his opening.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
wow trying to help people with MU when they only write one pharagrah. thnx. Replays my friend replays. As for the first post why are you concerned with G&W Usmash? It's laggy. You said your "shield roll" and then get hitby the Usmash. first of all what are you doning wth the Shield rolling to approach- and secondly why are you shield rolling? M2 doesn't exactly have the best roll. also don't ever ever use Dair as an attack you realize it's the worst dair in the game right??? against G&W don't take to the air. You will get ***** by G&W fair and bair. Your best bet is to stay on teh ground. from they way your posting it doesn't sound like you even know the basics of playing M2 i would suggest reading quacks guide or looking up anything taj has said on the matter.

When fighting G&W M2 should use WD to Dtilt to try and get in a few cmbos (G&W is light) and therefore it is difficult to combo him. On the other hand because of his lightness throws (Uthrow) work well for KO. Basically the strat vs G&W is wait. If he tries a SHUFFL'd fair or bair on you try and outspace or shield grab. Your friend doesn't sound that good- so his lcancle prob isn't perfect. Just WD out of shild for a Dtilt to grab and then try for a Dthrow and teck chase at lower percents. Basically you don't give me alot of information to work with so i cannot help you very much. However a replay or a more indepth write up would be apreciated. Hope this helps

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i dont approach with a sheild roll. i wd. i line up and charge a shadow ball (when falling) when he gets caught in it i roll away. i don't use his Dair as a attack mid battle. i use it as a Spike.i know the basics of mewtwo. i have played him for 2 years.

thanks for the help. i will try to keep him on the ground

Twinslash

Smash Cadet
Game name- Ev0 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ev02k
"When i try to come down with a shadow ball he upsmashes me" .......... Trying to fall down with SBC against an upsmash is suicide most of the time. If your going to use that short hop> turn around neutral B and dont overuse it. Mewtwo's Dair is retarted. Its so hard to hit for the minimal results you get from it. Bair to edgeguard off the stage and Down smash on the stage. I think you will have better results if you throw baby shadowballs and stick to WD> Dtilt for approaches rather then banking on falling SBC

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
sry about sayin the stuf about m2 basics wasn't trying to sound like a brat- but maybe i came off this way. like i said before you only gave me a phragraph to work with......So ya. G&W is all about fair and bair. He is always going to be ShFFLin thoes at you. Otherwise he has absoluty nothing else on you. Normally G&W will try and approach like this- SHFFl'd arial (fair or bair) and then lcancled to his dtilt. It can be tough at times to get past this, but like i said before outspace and shiled grab wait for the opening, and don't take to the air. M2 has nothing in the air. Exept Shadowclaw, but the range is so bad don't even think about it lol. he just doesn't have anything in the air to contend with G&W high priority fairs. Once again (like all M2 mu) just wait and be defensive.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
aside from basic m2 stuff...
wd dance like crazy.
beat the fair/dtilt approach.
bair edgeguards can work nicely.
look for uthrow kill openings.

D

Deleted member

G& W can only lcancel his fair and dair, and those, along with dtilt, r his main moves. He dies at low percents to fair. Dthrow to dtilt is always nice. If he uses the parachute, try to get under him where he is vulnerable, but dont get hit cuz it does lots of damage. Hope this helps some.

Top Bottom