• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to acquire sponsors for tournaments?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
We've got a regional coming up in our area. The person who advises me on organizing tournaments said I should seek out a sponsor for pot bonuses. Well, I don't know if it's appropriate to ask for money so close to the tournament (one and a half weeks away), but I would like them to be there.

The sponsors I have in mind are organizing a con in Aiken, SC next year. They do raffles, cosplay contests, and their group has several hundred members now. I would like to know what's a good way for us to get sponsored so we can promote each other's scene.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
We've got a regional coming up in our area. The person who advises me on organizing tournaments said I should seek out a sponsor for pot bonuses. Well, I don't know if it's appropriate to ask for money so close to the tournament (one and a half weeks away), but I would like them to be there.

The sponsors I have in mind are organizing a con in Aiken, SC next year. They do raffles, cosplay contests, and their group has several hundred members now. I would like to know what's a good way for us to get sponsored so we can promote each other's scene.
Approach them about your scene, and if they're interested. While they may not instantly want to, it'll definitely catch their attention and eventually they might want to hop onto the hype train.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Approach them about your scene, and if they're interested. While they may not instantly want to, it'll definitely catch their attention and eventually they might want to hop onto the hype train.
They've promoted at an event before, but it was a minor presence. I just don't know exactly what to ask for. Sai brought the idea to my attention, and while pot bonuses was the first idea, it may be kind of late at this point.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
They've promoted at an event before, but it was a minor presence. I just don't know exactly what to ask for. Sai brought the idea to my attention, and while pot bonuses was the first idea, it may be kind of late at this point.
Ask them if they'd like to contribute anything, and in return you'll show them off.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
What kinds of things to contribute, though? Besides pot money.

Prizes by any chance? I want to entice the scene to come to our tournament.

Top Bottom