• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How the heck do I fight Rosalina?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
This is really important: dispose of Luma to get to Rosa. With him out of the way, :rosalina: will have to go on defense for a while since her offense is lackluster w/o him. After roughly 12 1/2 seconds, another Luma appears and y'all never want to be on the receiving end of his attacks such as up-air when she has enough rage, right? Characters with long range (:4marth::4lucina::4cloud:) can do a good job walling out the Luma. Oh, and think twice about spamming projectiles due to her Gravitational Pull...

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
Gravitational pull can be punished hard if you anticipate it. Part of the trick to fighting RosaLuma is keeping her moving. Switch up between attacking her and Luma. Anytime you have them by the ledge aim for gimping Luma away. She is very light so I aim for up smashes and up tilts to keep her in the air and open more punishment with her landings.

I find more success when she doesn't have time to get comfortable.

Playing as RosaLuma, Mario's up smash is a big fear factor. It cuts down on many options and with how floaty she is, its easy to get rundown and caught with it.

Diddy is also good for swamping her. Flip kick can gimp luma near the edge early. Same goes for falcon kick, wizard kick, flare blitz, samus, corrin and mewtwo full charge shots.

Last edited:

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
I often use my throws to push her near ledge and look for ways to get Luma pushed off stage. In tumble state she can't just make Luma return. Frame traps are great for eliminating Luma. Even when she shields Luma can get hurt by smashes. Luma mostly affords knockback and that is why getting rid of them is important. Even when Luma is gone, though, her up and f smash can be dangerous.

Remember that when they are seperate attacking Rosa should be a priority. Luma's mobility decreases as she is caught in damage frames. It makes them work to keep Luma safe, if they care, and opens huge attacks as they jump, dash and neutral B.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Gravitational pull can be punished hard if you anticipate it. Part of the trick to fighting RosaLuma is keeping her moving. Switch up between attacking her and Luma. Anytime you have them by the ledge aim for gimping Luma away. She is very light so I aim for up smashes and up tilts to keep her in the air and open more punishment with her landings.

I find more success when she doesn't have time to get comfortable.

Playing as RosaLuma, Mario's up smash is a big fear factor. It cuts down on many options and with how floaty she is, its easy to get rundown and caught with it.

Diddy is also good for swamping her. Flip kick can gimp luma near the edge early. Same goes for falcon kick, wizard kick, flare blitz, samus, corrin and mewtwo full charge shots.
Did you know? Every time some calls her RosaLuma, somewhere in the world, a baby penguin dies. Please don't.

I say you have to take out Luma first. Mario can Back Throw Rosalina and use her body to immediately knock Luma out of the stage. I've come to find that Peach is also very good at getting rid of Luma with both her Side Smash and Peach Bomber. Also, it would be good for you to count how many seconds until Luma comes back. One time, I was fully charging Rosalina's Side Smash sans Luma, and I clearly saw I was going to whiff. Turns out, a second before I released the attack, Luma revived and performed the fully charged Side Smash, and he did reach the opponent, so I won the fight in a, what I admit, very lucky and rather cheap way.

So yeah, get rid of Luma, but don't underestimate Rosalina, either. Most people here and in other forums will say she's nothing without Luma, but Rosalina is a very powerful fighter on her own as well.

Top Bottom