• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How the heck do I deal with Marth and Lucina

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Serisualy, how the heck do I deal with Marth and Lucina? Like, No matter what I do, I just have no idea what to do. I don't know if I've ever beaten a Marth or Lucina. So,cwho's their worst matchups and how do I deal with them?

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Kirby is easily Marth's best matchup imo.

Just switch to anything else really.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby is easily Marth's best matchup imo.

Just switch to anything else really.
Wait whut really? What is the matchup ratio then? It's only really been 45:55 imo

But yeah, I forgot to mention in my post this happens with more then just Kirby

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Wait whut really? What is the matchup ratio then? It's only really been 45:55 imo

But yeah, I forgot to mention in my post this happens with more then just Kirby
55:45 is really good for Marth lol. I wouldn't hesitate to say 60:40, personally.

There's mixed opinions, however. I've heard people insist Kirby wins the matchup, but it just doesn't make any sense to me, and I play it pretty often. Marth just has all kinds of stuff to keep him out and kill him with relative ease.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
In my experiences, Marth has somehwat of trouble against "campy" characters such as Link if he can't get in to attack. (I don't mean campy in a bad way, just as in heavily relying on projectiles.) He has some trouble against characters that outrange him, but that's not that common, so his biggest problem in that regard is probably Shulk. I would say to avoid using lighter or slower characters against him. Just my opinion.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
In my experiences, Marth has somehwat of trouble against "campy" characters such as Link if he can't get in to attack. (I don't mean campy in a bad way, just as in heavily relying on projectiles.) He has some trouble against characters that outrange him, but that's not that common, so his biggest problem in that regard is probably Shulk. I would say to avoid using lighter or slower characters against him. Just my opinion.
So who counts as campy enough to be good?

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
I usually have trouble getting in against someone like Toon Link, because he's fast and can throw out a bunch of projectiles. Link is easier for me because of his speed not being close to Marth's like Tink's is. Other spacing characters with projectiles are harder for me personally. This is going off of For Glory and some Anther's Ladder experience for me, so someone else with tournament experience might be a bit better.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I usually have trouble getting in against someone like Toon Link, because he's fast and can throw out a bunch of projectiles. Link is easier for me because of his speed not being close to Marth's like Tink's is. Other spacing characters with projectiles are harder for me personally. This is going off of For Glory and some Anther's Ladder experience for me, so someone else with tournament experience might be a bit better.
Hmm... What other spacing chracter with projectiless would work? Because I hate both Links.

Top Bottom