• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should Sheik nerfs be approached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Sheik is top tier, as you all know. This means that, at some point, we are likely going to receive significant nerfs, at least compared to what we have experienced so far. So, how should this be approached? Removing the 50/50? Adding lag to Needles? I'm interested to see what the Sheiks themselves think on how she could be nerfed yet still remain relevant.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
pls no we've had at least 10 of these threads and they never brought anything good to the table.

D

Deleted member

After a long think about this, I want to see others opinions on this matter. I think it is clear that Sheik needs some sort of nerf. However, they have nerfed her quite a bit now, and I thought of a perhaps reasonable way to nerf her...

:4sheik:
  • Fair Landing Lag reduced from 10 frames to 7 frames (Just hear me out here)
  • Fair’s insane autocancel windows have been removed, rebalanced to be in line with most of her aerials (From Frame 11 to 31)
Now, let me explain this. You may be thinking... Hmm, even LESS landing lag on Fair? Surely that would be a huge buff right? On it's own, it would be, but tied in with the nerf below, it ends up being a nerf for Sheik. Let me explain.

I commonly see people complain about Sheik and say that the main nerf she needs is that her Fair needs actual landing lag. However, just slapping increased landing lag on her Fair wouldn't stop her being able to do her Fair strings. Why? Because it auto cancels any frame after frame 11. You could slap 60 frames of landing lag on Fair and she would still flawlessly do her damage racking Fair strings due to the auto cancelling frames. She takes 2 or 4 frames of landing lag from an auto cancel IIRC. If Fair's auto cancel frames were increased to 31, it would mean that fast falling Fair would mean she would take landing lag. However, too much landing lag would harm Sheik's playstyle, and 10 frames would probably be too much, which is why think lowering Fair's landing lag to 7 frames, and increasing the auto cancel windows like I mentioned would make Fair strings still possible, but just harder to pull off, and maybe even harder to pull off with Rage. Sheik, rather than taking 2-4 frames of landing lag by auto cancelling Fair, would take 7 frames of landing lag. Still insanely low landing lag, but more than what she currently takes.

Personally, I would like to see Needles act more like in Melee and Brawl, where they just stun the opponent and cause next to no knockback, rather thank knocking the opponent away.
Opinions?
My friend made this post a while back and it's actually the most reasonable nerf for her I've seen so far.

Also I agree with Arikado. We don't need more Sheik nerfing disucssion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Sorry, I didn't know how many already existed. My bad. Is there a way to delete these?

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
There are allegedly no more patches coming to smash 4 soooo

Daymaster Daymaster get a moderator to lock it

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Thanks, I'll do that. @_Tree . Also, I just presumed that it meant no more DLC, not necessarily balance patches.

D

Deleted member

How should Sheik be nerfed?

Not...
She's had plenty of nerfs already, she's alright to be honest. I personally don't consider her to have advantage against other top-tiers, yeah she can 0-100% you in a second, but killing is quite difficult. Most characters don't even have bad matchups against her, usually it tends to be on the players matchup knowledge.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
How should Sheik be nerfed?

Not...
She's had plenty of nerfs already, she's alright to be honest. I personally don't consider her to have advantage against other top-tiers, yeah she can 0-100% you in a second, but killing is quite difficult. Most characters don't even have bad matchups against her, usually it tends to be on the players matchup knowledge.
The thing is that the efficiency and simplicity of the 50/50 gets rid of her killing issues (or at least heavily reduces them), a major trait in the remainder of her design as a character, and her biggest weakness as a whole.

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Do we stiiiiiiiill have threads like that? *sight*
Come oooooon, we've been through a dozen patches already, stop beating the dead horse....
The issue was already mentioned and addressed. Sorry for clogging up the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom