• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How OP would Luigi be if he had a reliable Meteor Smash?

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Well, not that OP since his off stage game isn't particularly good. Dair is one of his best finishers so he would lose an important option if it was made entirely into a meteor smash. I'm not sure if being able to meteor ground bounce would help a lot either since he already has a good variety of launchers.

Meteor ground bounce to up-b would be kinda cool though.

meow

Smash Apprentice
What if Luigi could flutter jump just like in his other games????
What if he could flutter jump in his first jump by holding A
Imagine doing a short hop flutter into chop
haha it would look so funny

1MachGO

Smash Ace
^Actually, you may be onto something.

What if Luigi had a pseudo third jump like Peach? If he tapped the jump while in midair, he would double jump like normal, however, if he held jump, he would flutter a bit. Flutter jump wouldn't give him a boost in height or slow his fall, but would increase in air mobility. Air mobility is actually one of Luigi's largest problems and giving him an option like this would give him some better options without changing his core physics.

meow

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking his flutter jump would just be a nerfed version of Yoshi's, very slight height gain and half a second extra in the air to move left or right or just flutter in place since that's how it worked in his other games. Just like in Super Luigi U

However this being a suggestion might meet a lot of disapproval since many believe Luigi is already a perfect character. (Although I wouldn't know nor most of them since you can only tell in high level play)

I'm simply a guy who mains Luigi and beats most of his friends and in locals :)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I was thinking his flutter jump would just be a nerfed version of Yoshi's, very slight height gain and half a second extra in the air to move left or right or just flutter in place since that's how it worked in his other games. Just like in Super Luigi U

However this being a suggestion might meet a lot of disapproval since many believe Luigi is already a perfect character. (Although I wouldn't know nor most of them since you can only tell in high level play)

I'm simply a guy who mains Luigi and beats most of his friends and in locals :)

As you can tell by my profile, I'm a Luigi main thick and through. However I'm not super competitive. Project: M fixed Luigi's recover ability. He can now use misfire which can normally get you back on stage.

However I think a down-aerial that works similar to Yoshi's would be interesting. It sends the user downward, but not necessarily meteor smashes. If you use it while jumping, it adds a jump heigh advantage. What do you think?

meow

Smash Apprentice
I like that idea too. It should retain all the properties of the current dair since it still makes sense. He is kicking his feet about and would send you left or right but at the right angle (his hip) it'll spike 'em. And giving him height advantage would work sort of like Ivysaur's dair could work too. The only qualm I have is that it wouldn't look strong enough as an attack. Luigi' dair is about the same in strength compared to his fair so it would be kind of strange. It looks right on Yoshi cause he has giant feet and flutters a lot more than luigi does

Top Bottom