• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you use your tilts?

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
As the title suggests, discuss. I will comment but I do not wish to influence your decision.

So, how much?

NEW QUESTION APPROACHING : Thanks for the input so far folks! I have another question for ye! A very important one, how often do you use Nair's and the one two jab? And what is your favourite air? Personally I find the Uair to not have much use, however it does have the best reach I find.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
I tilt almost NEVER only tilt i use is Uptilt and only very certain characters in certain situations.

asob4

Smash Champion
i use all the tilts, mostly to gain spacing, finsh combos, or start combos.

also, dtilt stops weegee tornardo!!! :D

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Hmm... I know exactly why YOU would ask, but anyway...
As useful as utilt is, I usually just sh nair so I can move around if I need to. Side tilt has actually been useful to me before but primarily on accident. Even though its not a "tilt" Olimars jab is also great for spacing. And you can't win a match just by using these...

asob4

Smash Champion
in a NOlimar ditto that's all you got

it actually helps your tilt game when you have no pikmin D:

Wildside

Smash Rookie
I find using D tilt pretty useful.

People never see it coming it's also fast good intterupt and it can follow up in so nice combo's

example like D tilt Fair Dair.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Every tilt has usefulness - if you want me to give reasons I could for each :p...but honestly - as your olly improves, you will see a useful period for every single move in olly's arsenal - when I post my next vids I could show some video examples.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I know exactly why YOU would ask, but anyway...
You sly old dog! You can read me like a open book! :bee:

Anyways I'm really quite shocked! As far as Olimar goes he doesn't have a single useless move! I always use tilts for damage racking and the Pikmin for the knockout. I find he knocks them a little to far back for combos with his smash attacks.​
I find using D tilt pretty useful.

People never see it coming it's also fast good intterupt and it can follow up in so nice combo's

example like D tilt Fair Dair.
D-Tilt is a BEAST! Fast fallers and even floaty fallers you can trap in serveral D-tilts! Even better has anyone noticed how it covers a good distance, just like his cartwheel, you move out of your spot! I find it a secure way to edge towards them and launch the enemy opponent above me for a Nair spam. Also it is a 2 PART ATTACK! Yup, as odd as it is! Once when his head "Bops" down and once on the return.

Thanks for the input so far folks! I have another question for ye! A very important one, how often do you use Nair's and the one two jab?

asob4

Smash Champion
when the opponent is returning from off the stage, and they go low, dtilt hits before they can grab and pops them up for a fair

*learned from awex

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I tilt quite abit. It messes with the opponent's head because olimar's tilts have more priority than his smashes. I use dtilt's disjointed hitbox to cancel weaker projectiles, utilt has great potential as a move for right when you land, and side tilt is one hella fast smack that works at high percents. I still smash more than I tilt, but I think tilting will end up a crucial part of Olimar's play strategy.

I might as well edit this to include your next question. I actually wanted to talk about jab, but I was afraid it would be seen as rambeling. Lucky me.

I like Olimar's jab alot. The move has high priority, a wide hitbox, and it's rythm can be altered dramatically to throw off opponents. I use it quite often to get myself out of what I call "dodge dancing," where player and opponent both join in a rythmic flurry of attacks and dodges that don't hit but could if anyone slips up. The jab whips out fast and knocks the opponent away so that Olimar can catch his breath and pluck his pikmin.

Nair is also awesome. There are plenty of points at which it can be utilized. For instance, nair will cancel MK's tornado. I also use nair to jump from the ledge; it helps me get back on safely quite often. Also, the fact that there is a hitbox on all of olimar for the entirety of the move makes it a safe bet for combos.

asob4

Smash Champion
hate to correct you but oli's jab doesn't have that high of priority, it's just really really fast haha
it's the same priority as any other jab attack

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
uptilt-I try to use this more than upsmash at low percents for two reasons: doesn't decay my upsmash for kills at higher percents, and it makes juggling much easier b/c it doesn't have as nearly as much knocback. I'll also use this for those certain moves that outprioritize upsmash, such as kirby's dair or somethin.

dtilt-great for spacing and beginning combos at low percents. Nothin else.

ftilt-I'll use this at low percents when my opponent is coming from offstage. It has decent knockback to knock them off again, a surprisingly long lasting hitbox to catch landing opponents, and won't decay my other more useful moves.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
nair's priority is higher than most of olimars moves. I use it often when I'm landing if theres someone underneath me ready to attack. It can also be a good approach and combo starter.

Top Bottom