• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How new tech information may benefit Ganon

verbatim

Smash Ace
According to Beefy Smash Dood's video on teching, where they prove that players who get stage spiked while touching the side of the stage CANNOT tech the hit, even if they are 1 in 60 frame perfect. What's more interesting to me, however, is that they also made the claim that Falco and Ganon's dair cannot be teched if you spike them into the floor of the stage. Instinct tells me that Ganon's dair is techable, but I don't actually recall having seen someone tech a dair from me (I generally don't dair a lot though). If this is true, then it means that Gunginir's footstool to falling uair jab reset is actually a true combo. Here's an example from his vine account. If Beefy Smash Dood's are right, it means that from the first time Captain Falcon gets hit by dair, he can do NOTHING to get out of it and Ganon has guaranteed 37% (ish, no rage) to death combo on him, and low% to death guaranteed combo's on certain other characters as well.

TL;DR, is it possible for someone to tech Ganon's dair? If it's impossible, then Ganon has a sub 40% to death guaranteed combo on certain fastfallers.

Last edited:

Thundering TNT

Smash Cadet
I did some testing with my brother, and I couldn't actually get a tech on either falco's dair or on Ganondorf's. Either I'm just really bad at teching, or this is true.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Huh, it really does seem you can't tech Ganon's D-air. I tested several times.
Wait, so you can no longer tech the stomp if you're in the air either? Wow. You used to be able to.

Meaning that Ganon's stomp has even more viability on stage now.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
According to Beefy Smash Dood's video on teching, where they prove that players who get stage spiked while touching the side of the stage CANNOT tech the hit, even if they are 1 in 60 frame perfect. What's more interesting to me, however, is that they also made the claim that Falco and Ganon's dair cannot be teched if you spike them into the floor of the stage. Instinct tells me that Ganon's dair is techable, but I don't actually recall having seen someone tech a dair from me (I generally don't dair a lot though). If this is true, then it means that Gunginir's footstool to falling uair jab reset is actually a true combo. Here's an example from his vine account. If Beefy Smash Dood's are right, it means that from the first time Captain Falcon gets hit by dair, he can do NOTHING to get out of it and Ganon has guaranteed 37% (ish, no rage) to death combo on him, and low% to death guaranteed combo's on certain other characters as well.

TL;DR, is it possible for someone to tech Ganon's dair? If it's impossible, then Ganon has a sub 40% to death guaranteed combo on certain fastfallers.
IF Ganon's D-air can't be teched then D-air->U-air(sour spot) jab lock potential will be more viable,especially if you land the footstool.
Here's a vine of the jab lock if your curious what I mean
https://vine.co/v/OFp1w9EFE6w

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Wait, so you can no longer tech the stomp if you're in the air either? Wow. You used to be able to.

Meaning that Ganon's stomp has even more viability on stage now.
Oh if you're sent towards the stage from the air you're able to tech. But when a grounded target gets hit by a spike, they can usually tech, but it seems D-air has too much hitlag for that. Watch the video in the OP for more info.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Oh if you're sent towards the stage from the air you're able to tech. But when a grounded target gets hit by a spike, they can usually tech, but it seems D-air has too much hitlag for that.
Well, what I understand is that the Gungnir combo doesn't work at 0 unless you have a lot of rage, since your opponent will be grounded. Instead, you should be around 19 to bounce your opponent up and be able to footstool them.

So what's guaranteed to work is Dair>footstool>Fast-fall tipman>Charged F-Smash. The second Dair doesn't work as a guarantee.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh if you're sent towards the stage from the air you're able to tech. But when a grounded target gets hit by a spike, they can usually tech, but it seems D-air has too much hitlag for that. Watch the video in the OP for more info.
What is the best follow up when someone rolls forward after a flame choke?

verbatim

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if you can make it that far, but in light of this information Dair is now always the optimal ground punish if you can confirm it off of anything.

I generally use Wizard Drop Kick if I think they're going to roll forward (if they do they get hit, if they roll back I can reset to neutral) and turn around Flame Choke if I think they're going to roll back (same idea + you can grab the ledge out of Flame Choke if you hold back).

Last edited:
Top Bottom