• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much of an impact would Tiny-Gunner have on the meta if he/she was legal?

What tier would Tiny Gunner be at?

• Top Tier

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Borderline Top Tier

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • High Tier

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Just decided to make this thread since not much is going on here tbh.

Was curious to know what y'all think if Tiny-Gunner was legal. How would this character affect the meta and what tiering would he/she be? I'll give my insight on this of course.

*My opinion:
I without a doubt believe Gunner would be Top Tier. I'll go with Zero's belief of the Top 13 to be considered "Top Tiers". Gunner could easily be up there. Why? Because Tiny Gunner with 1312 or 3312 is easily insane and had so much hidden potential! The small size gives him so much coverage and gives him needed speed, the ability to combo, and even challenge people badly offstage. Gunner may have poor frame data, but his Tiny size and projectiles save him so much!

People will say Tiny Mii's are broken, but let's be real. If they were broken, wouldn't custom era be oversaturated with Mii's? At Evo2015. Top 32 only consisted of 2 Mii users. Dapuffster(Brawler and got 9th place) and myself(Gunner/Wii Fit and got 25th place). 2 Mii users and the rest were a bunch of known Top Tiers like Sheik and Diddy.

Tiny Gunner is amazing and has so much potential! I would know since I did steam roll through Evo with Gunner and Wii Fit lol Only people who were able to take me out were FOW and Dabuz(both Top players). I still practice with Tiny Gunner in friendlies with strong players who wanna play the legendary Tiny-Gunner lol I still beat them, but I also have lost. If Tiny was truly broken, he'd carry me all the time and Id never lose. Lol

Tiny Gunner only has very few bad MU's being Mario, Bayonetta, Fox, Rosalina, and Meta Knight(to an extent). Even then, these are all very doable and aren't that bad. The amount of potential and things Tiny Gunner can do is redonk! Lol

I truly wish Mii's were legal regardless. Even at Tiny size, they aren't the best in the game. Mario, Bayo, Cloud, Mewtwo, and others would still do better of course. I feel Tiny-Gunner would make a huge impact, due to how versatile and amazing he is. He wouldn't be a huge threat like say Bayonetta, Mario, and Cloud. But he'd be out there and be known as someone scary to fight. Plus, would be nice to more Gunner mains. Majority of Gunner mains dropped out once the Custom-Era ended. What a shame.

Just wanted to hear y'alls thoughts or opinions on how Tiny-Gunner may impact the meta. And What set you personally would use on him/her at Tiny size.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Small Gunner's skill cap is pretty nutty. There is so much you can do with her plethora of projectiles and mobility. Def would be the best zoner; high tier at least.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
With the mobility and followup potential 3312 has, i could def see her be tip tier/borderline top tier. Grenades alone on small let you get away with so many follow ups. The mobility and fact that u have so many disposable projectiles would give gunner rein over controlling almost the entire stage if in advantage state..

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yes... well, I recently made a female :4miigun: this size (wearing the Inkling outfit + Samus's helmet but that's just me) and named her Samus Jr. I gave her that good 1312 combination and it certainly has clicked with me. I'm only put off by the commensurately lower traction (which I think is worse than :4luigi:'s) which complicates precise ground movements. Nevertheless, small :4miigun: is easier to control than tiny :4miibrawl: or even tiny :4miisword:.

Hmm, I don't know. With our strong projectile/zoning game and better mobility than before, small :4miigun: I can envision being ranked just above :4villager:.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
With the mobility and followup potential 3312 has, i could def see her be tip tier/borderline top tier. Grenades alone on small let you get away with so many follow ups. The mobility and fact that u have so many disposable projectiles would give gunner rein over controlling almost the entire stage if in advantage state..
Grenades aren't good on Guest size. But holy cow!!! They are godly on Tiny size! The possibilities of things with grenade feels endless lol So much you can do and so many combos and traps it creates. Tiny takes major advantage of grenade hardcore, due to the speed and mobility of tiny size.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I try not to think of things I wish existed. Because then I get throughly bummed out immediately after.

:U

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Based on this treasure trove of info I'm going to put to use with :4samus: Jr., it makes me proud to say this: :snake:'s got nothing on tiny :4miigun:! I last envisioned :4miigun: next to :4villager:, but now I imagine it may be between :4diddy: and :4cloud2: (or at least next to :4fox:).

Oh, @AEMehr, I must say that's an elegant profile pic. I do remember Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy had an avatar similar to that one last year and that one was equally elegant. :love:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The lightest possible Mii Gunner does have a better advantage in that it's more mobile. In fact, it dashes faster than Kirby, which is an improvement when you consider that the default Mii Gunner only runs as fast as Zelda, while the heaviest possible Mii Gunner can't even outrun Mega Man's walk speed.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
  • Up-aerial can be autocancelled from a full hop the last time I checked
  • Well, that low traction is more helpful than I thought. Foxtrots with tiny :4miigun: cover good ground distance which I prefer doing over plain dashing. Haven't tested yet, but I wonder if gun-dashing may cover more distance than normal?
  • D-air is **** to me, but I do believe it's more worthwhile to use with our short stature (easier to space and sweetspot for the meteor).
  • Air speed is in the top 5, between :4mewtwo: and :4feroy:.
With the above modified attributes, :4miigun: will magnificently rise like :4marth: and :4mewtwo:. Large Miis, on the other hand... all the viability of :4ganondorf:.

In the meantime, my :4samus: Jr. and Dr. :4mewtwo: have more work to do in the lab...

Last edited:
Top Bottom