• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many QD distances are there?

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing around with Ike and working on memorizing the appropriate distances for Quick Draw and the charge time that goes into it.

So far I've found about four different distances you can charge it to

Instant - about four character lengths by my measurement
Full charge - About 9-10 character lengths by my measurement
And about two inbetween.

Considering that faking people out with quickdraw is an essential part of Ike play I'm trying to see how many QD distances he can charge.

As far as I can tell the distance isn't any different if he's airborn but if someonehas evidence to the contrary please share it.

Anyway, anyone know how many QD distances Ike has?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Interesting thing to test. Not to mention timing for it.

One way I can think of checking is a custom stage to see how many blocks he moves.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ok tried that. Here's my results thus far

Uncharged = 2.5 blocks distance
Half charge (Slightly over 1 second) = 3 blocks
3/4 Charge (2 seconds) 4 blocks
Full-charge (2.5 seconds) = 5 blocks

I think my timing is a bit screwy since mathmatically this doesn't add up right so I think my distance measuring or timing is a bit off. Given that deviation it looks like Ike's QD works like this

Initial charge to full charge is about 2 and a half seconds.
At initial charge Ike's QD will go the equivalent of 2.5 blocks distance from where he stands
Beyond that, for every half second you charge Ike will travel half a block longer
Distance maxes at five blocks

Being airborne doesn't change distance at all in terms of charge and qd distance, but momentum will carry Ike at least one more block's distance. Oddly enough this is true REGARDLESS of the height from which you QD at. I did it from double jump, full jump and short hop. All of these heights would give me one extra block's distance by the time he landed.

Now it's time to memorize this distance so I can eye it on the spot.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure there's just an instant QD and a fully charged QD. Everything in between depends on precisely how long you charge it.

Top Bottom