• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How important is Wavedashing when playing Yoshi?

Reptile (Kira)

Smash Rookie
I've been a Yoshi main for a while, but have never bothered to really spend any time practicing with the wavedash. Now I'm thinking about implementing it into my game, but I don't want to mess with my current playstyle if it won't help me very much. I know Yoshi has a pretty good wavedash, but is it really worth putting time into? Your feedback is appreciated.

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
If you really want to improve with any character, I think wavedashing is pretty vital to learn. No way around that except for practicing. Sure, effectiveness is situational, but it''s one more tool to have. eg. Good for mixups and wd back -> f-smash is a good option. Plus you can do things like powershield falco laser and wd back to keep your space. Kinda goes hand in hand with Yoshi's movement altogether, and is similar to wavelanding which is pretty darn vital as well (especially for Yoshi).

In short, yes it is pretty important, especially for a character like Yoshi where movement is critical.

Last edited:

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
wavedashing and wavelanding are part of what make yoshi not terrible, you should probably learn it.

Top Bottom