• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How important is the 20XX hack pack for an aspiring Yoshi main in this meta?

nikovan

Smash Rookie
Just wondering if I should focus first on things I can practice without the hackpack first, or jumping into it head first is the way to go.

Cordless

Smash Rookie
I don't see why you would not practice on the 20xx hackpack if you had it available to you. Having it can make practicing Yoshi tech much much easier and not having it in this meta is definitely a disadvantage.

Short list of ways I used 20XX to help practice Yoshi specific tech alone that would be difficult without:
-Getting CPU to spam moves/lasers at regular intervals to practice parry timing
-Turning on infinite shield to practice shield drops
-Going into a stage without another player to practice movement
-Frame counter and hitbox view to practice edge-stalls and invincible ledge get-up options
-Save states to make SDing while practicing Edge Cancelled Eggs a little less tedious.

Noyu

Smash Cadet
I believe it is necessary unless you want to practice C-stick only options in vs. mode which is very impractical. Also in this meta there are many other things achieved only by 20xx. Get it now. :D

PsyRex

Smash Cadet
It's not necessary. People were practicing tech and movement long before there was the 20xx hack pack. It is, however, very useful and has a lot of nice features. If getting it is a possibility, I don't see a reason you wouldn't.

Top Bottom